Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:46 PM

48 posts, read 109,903 times

Advertisements

ya i have a lot to plan out...i was gonna come out here by myself for a months and get situated. then my wife and child are gonna come. i also have 3 cats that i need to move with us and a house full of furniture....it just seems scary....but i think its for the best...or worst haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 10:50 PM

700 posts, read 2,601,583 times
Bumpy..
If you were flying solo...Hell ya, go for it. Phoenix can be a great place.
But you are leading Team Bumpy now....know what I mean?
Just do your homework, I would never discourage someone from moving to Phoenix...I did. But....12 bucks isnt much in this day and age, stuff happens, the government wants their cut, kids get sick, cars break down...bla bla bla...

Dont get distracted with the palm trees, they will be there in a year too...and perhaps by then you will have made a small improvement on your credit, and you can buy a house somewhere that you choose because that where you want to truly be, as opposed to I can get by.

Good Luck Bump...Keep asking questions...Like I said, very smart people on this site...(no I dont mean me!!)

Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 PM

Moving cross country with 3 cats!!! Now thats wildlife.....

Old 08-23-2007, 10:52 PM

haha. one thing i would miss around here is my REDSOX!! hahah and Patriots lol...

Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5chevin5 View Post
Moving cross country with 3 cats!!! Now thats wildlife.....

hahah ya tell me about it,. i love my babies..i cant get rid of them. i would feel so bad

Old 08-23-2007, 10:55 PM

48 posts, read 216,525 times
well you know that people have done it. so you're not alone. but it's going to be tough when you move down here. You'll leave your friends and family (that was the hardest part for me). I've lived here for 4 years and have been fairly happy minus that part. Wow you basically looked all over the place. I agree with 5chevin5, you need to do more research.. If you find a specific house, let us know - we can give you our opinions or at least crime stats of the area.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:57 PM

more and more its looking like the east valley...well im pretty sure its def gonna have to be there. gilbert is 80 percent where we will mostly end up. i have heard a lot of good things bout it

Old 08-23-2007, 10:58 PM

48 posts, read 216,525 times
Gilbert is a great place to raise a family. But would it be close to where you work? The drive out here is very bad...

Old 08-23-2007, 11:02 PM

well the office is at 300 N. 18th St. but i will be working at houses around where i live. ill be going to houses with autistic children thats near where i live since the company services all of phoenix. so she said wherever i live i will have my own kids in surrounding areas. and ill be working afternoons to evenings so traffic shouldnt be all that bad right?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 PM

Will they be paying for your gas with the commute? That will start nipping away at the 12 bucks (before tax) fast....get ALL the info first Bumpy....
Plus when your insurance company finds out you use your car for business...Hello!! can you say premium hike....Phoenix is rough on a car....
Slow down Bump...play on the side of caution....and if all the numbers jive...move. Emotionally on a young family...struggling with finances can wear thin. Then add 110 degrees...uff. Im not trying to come across as dr. doomsday... It wont kill ya to move.... But it can have lasting effects. Read other posts on this site....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area