Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,235,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keehome View Post
Is Mercy Gilbert close to Vistancia?
No. Mercy Gilbert is in Gilbert, which is the east valley. Vistancia is in Peoria, which is the west valley.

I plugged Gilbert, AZ and Peoria, AZ into mapquest. According to them, they are 36.17 miles apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM

77 posts, read 276,682 times
thanks you

Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,965,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynkpanther View Post
i stayed in banner off of dobson in mesa and actually had a private room - one bed! that has been rare in my experience...and i didn't have to request it or pay extra.
I had my twins at that hospital in a small tiny private room and they locked me in and left me there for dead! It was horrible, the worst experience.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,965,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnurse111 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone could suggest the best hospitals in Phoenix and the surronding areas.
Not that horrible Banner on Broadway and Power either.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:22 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
I've had 6 experiences at the Thunderbird hospital at 55th and T-bird. They were excellent for service, facilities, doctors, nurses etc.
My son went to Arrowhead hospital and that was a disaster. He had an emergency appendectomy, had to wait over 8 hours in extreme pain as it had bursted, then the doctor left something inside him that caused an infection and he was there for 8 days instead of the usual 24 hours under normal circumstances.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:46 PM

453 posts, read 1,629,795 times
no one here has said anything about St Joe's, how is that like? Also, IASIS healthcare system is the pits, do not let employees transfer to new facilities when they open up.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:58 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,380,735 times
Any additional information about Arrowhead hospital or other Hospitals on the west side? Also any info on when the Vistancia Hospital will open? I didn't see that on there web site. Interested in employment opportunities on the west side in Facilities management or within the administrative end. I do know that Arrowhead is hiring. Not sure about the others or where they are located. Banner does seem to be everywhere in the area.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:45 AM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Any additional information about Arrowhead hospital or other Hospitals on the west side? Also any info on when the Vistancia Hospital will open? I didn't see that on there web site. Interested in employment opportunities on the west side in Facilities management or within the administrative end. I do know that Arrowhead is hiring. Not sure about the others or where they are located. Banner does seem to be everywhere in the area.
I had a reasonably good experience at Banner Estrella just off 101 near Thomas. Also, Cancer Treatment Centers of America is currently building its Western region medical center in Goodyear for opening in early 09. It might be a good time to inquire about positions there.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,088,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I had my twins at that hospital in a small tiny private room and they locked me in and left me there for dead! It was horrible, the worst experience.
I had the same problem with my youngest there! They were rude and wouldn't let me leave because the doctor was running 5 hr. behind schedule. I was worried about the conditions there and signed the "I don't care paper" and left. It was horrible. I felt like I was in a prison for mommies. Chandler Regional was much better with the first two.

Last edited by twiggy; 11-17-2007 at 09:48 AM..

Old 11-17-2007, 10:18 AM

39 posts, read 358,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I guess anything is better than Casa Grande hospital, Ive literally heard tons of scarey stories from MANY people about this one. In fact, sometimes they have to airlift patients to a 'real' hospital, Good Sam in Phoenix. My daughter was airlifted there from CG because they just didnt have the means of saving her baby when she was 7 mos pregnant and almost lost him. Seems like theyre not equipped for a lot of things, judging by the several times I see the chopper leave from there towards Phx.
Thank GAWD for airlift!
You are obviously ignorant regarding the transfer of patients and the reasoning for doing so, so I'll try to educate you.

Not every hospital can specialize in all treatments to all patients... for example, not every hospital is a Level One trauma center (surgeons, anesthesiologists and a surgical team available 24/7) ... therefor, trauma patients in your average community hospital are stabilized and transferred, either by ground or helicopter, to a facility that specializes in performing the required treatment. The same is true for Level One trauma centers... while they might specialize in urgent surgical care, some are not equipped to care for a 9 month old with meningitis... so they might appropriately transfer a pediatric patient as well.

Instead of complaining about what Casa Grande Regional Medical Center couldn't do, perhaps you might wish to understand that prompt diagnosis, which can take HOURS, lead them to determine the need for a higher level of specialty... and therefor the transfer.

Sounds like the person you refer to received appropriate care, appropriate transfer and there was a good outcome... or would you prefer Casa Grande Regional Medical Center just kept the patient there and gave treatment a "try"? Of course not, then you would be screaming about CGRMC NOT transferring the patient to a higher level of care medical facility.

Here's a tip... post a reply to a question only when you know what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area