Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:03 PM

8,318 posts, read 13,447,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
Holy cow! I didn't see this the first time you posted - glad you're ok. I saw a near-miss the other day as someone ran a red light. Scared the crappola out of me and it wasn't even me they almost it.
Thank you Boat, I am doing much much better, couple of more decades and I should be back to normal ...kidding! When I wear a shoe, my left foot still has a bit sensitivity so I can not tie my shows too tight but under the circumstances, I am doing OK!

Quote:
I thought the licenses where good here for 50 yrs. Is it only 30? Either way, it's bizarre. I'd love to know the reasoning behind that law b/c it makes no sense in both a safety way - b/c people aren't being retested - and a fiscal way - the state could be making a LOT more money off us.
"Only 30?"?? Haha...you crack me up. I think it should be like 100 years so you can pass it onto your offsprings...lol.

On a serious note, it is scary to see a State with this many badddddd drivers and few cops to issue driver licenses that lasts longer than any vehicle built to this day! I think 10 years is good, not too short nor too long so State can make some money and hopefully pay the MVD people a bit better than $10/hr so those poor people can smile with the rest of the money, of course hire more cops. After age 60/65, it should be dropped to every 4/5 years which makes sense. After age 75, perhaps every other week...lol...kidding again of course but I'm sure you get the idea!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 11:04 PM

14 posts, read 49,046 times
Default you should know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
...by a jack.ss who ran the red light not to mention going like 60+ in a 40/45 mph street. This happened about a little over an hour ago at the corner of 40th street and Indian School Rd.
This was my first motorcycle accident. This stupid driver in a white van hit the breaks the second I hit the breaks but I knew and he knew that he was gonna run right into my so he swirled to the left just enough to miss me by inches while I was laying the bike down after couple seconds of breaking.

I was only going like 30/35 and since it was full green to me I didn't think about slowing down and I wasn't even fast anyhow but this pyscho came out of nowhere and due to buildings and other stuff around the corner of the intersection I don't think I could see him any sooner.

Anyways, he slowed then and even stopped a few hundred yards down the road and then slowly drove off and disappeared!

A few young fellas who witnessed the incident came to help but by then I was already up and moving the bike off the road. Thank for nothing major happened to me or the bike. I was shaken up and pissed at first but later, I was glad because if he had hit me, this guy would probably be no longer posting on this forum....ever!!
Minutes later I got the bike to start and made it home. Several scratches and bruises and my left foot is pretty messed up, may be even broken cause it hurt like hell but overall I am OK.

I sure am glad to be alive!

PS. 2 cops drove by minutes later but despite all our signaling, they saw us but none stopped! Weird...
that police comes always too late - i have seen them passing by where they needed to be - - I hope you are ok - and those drivers here are CRAZY! they do drugs while driving!!

Last edited by sonarsound; 09-30-2007 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: mistakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area