Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:10 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,684,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post

Pack away all your extra clutter, and de-personalize the "property". Pack away all the family photos; get your closests at least half empty; clean out the garage; get the property cue-tip clean. If you have a lot of furniture, you may consider storing some of it so the rooms will look larger. (After consulting with a stager.)

If your home is cue-tip clean with all the little problems fixed up; clutter free and with a little staging; and priced competitively, it should sell in the average market time.

Bill

We've sold and bought 3 homes in both Ariz. and Florida and my house was cleaner prob. than 90% of the homes we looked at. It just didn't always seem to matter. All of the houses we've ever sold were clean, in exceptional condition, landscaped well, in good working order/care etc. and we still had to wait till the "right" owners came along.
When we were looking to buy this house, we looked all over the valley and let me tell you, alot of homes we looked at were cluttered, not that clean and not in "showroom" condition. It mattered to me, but I guess the owners didn't see the importance of it? Some homes I would just look at the front door and say "no." One home, the stove was caked with black grease. Another, laundry was lying all over the floor in one of the rooms. Things like this said alot.
So, I have mixed feelings if some of these things are really important, but I personally would err on the side of doing all that I could to keep things looking good. I don't think everyone thinks this way, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 08:46 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
Personally, I'd hook up with Capt Bill on this website. He seems to be a straight shooter, has excellent quality information and tries to help those that really want it.
He does frequently answer on the Real Estate section if you click on the US Forums at the top of this page.
I believe he's on your side of town.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,968,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorearizona View Post
Are there any realtors on this forum who can give me some idea about selling time on houses? I'm looking to get out and haven't heard good things about the market. It seems that the news is biased one way or the other depending on where you go and blogs are totally unreliable.

No I have not put my house up for sale yet but plan to soon.
Price it right.

Old 06-14-2008, 01:32 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,092,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Price it right.
Yes, yes!! Price it low and go high on the remodel. New bathrooms and Kitchen if possible. If you want to sell it in this market anyway.

Side note for Sheena:
P.S. Not for thread, my air in my car went out again Sheena and I thought of you. lol Holly Hot Hell. My god, I forgot how hot it gets. It now only blows sort of cool air. I don't even bother with my make up anymore. ha ha

Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 AM

682 posts, read 2,569,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorearizona View Post
Are there any realtors on this forum who can give me some idea about selling time on houses? I'm looking to get out and haven't heard good things about the market. It seems that the news is biased one way or the other depending on where you go and blogs are totally unreliable.

No I have not put my house up for sale yet but plan to soon.
Before you sell, go to one of the sources for Phoenix MLS and spend time searching for homes in your area. My favorite site is ziprealtydotcom because it has so much information. The site shows how long each house has been on the market and how many price drops it has had. Also, go to zillowdot com and check out what the house last sold for and what it is priced at now compared to comps for the area. It is a rude awakening for some home owners because there are many homes on the market now that are priced for about half of what the last owner paid for them.

With all of the new foreclosures hitting the market, it will be more difficult for you to get a good price for your home. Some of the areas I have been searching have tons of listings for under $70 per sq ft, so those homes that are priced over $100 per sq ft really stand out as being overpriced.

Good luck with your house selling plans.

altus2006

Old 06-14-2008, 08:42 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,797,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbean View Post
STAY AWAY Moderator cut: inappropriate in particular.

We got totally screwed over by him, he was helping us find a rental. We had only ONE agent looking for us, (the correct method) and it totally came back to screw us over when he decided to stop all lines of communication AS SOON AS we got into town.

Put us in a horrible predicament trying to find a place in 5 days. From now on, I will try to steer people toward real estate firms that operate professionally.
You haven't told the entire story. What transpired between you and John to cause him to stop communicating with you?

And just because you had a bad experience with one of the approximately Moderator cut: company name agents, why would you criticize the entire Moderator cut: company name population of agents?

Last edited by aj661; 06-15-2008 at 03:21 AM.. Reason: remove inappropriate comment, company and agent's last name from quoted material

Old 06-14-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Personally, I'd hook up with Capt Bill on this website. He seems to be a straight shooter, has excellent quality information and tries to help those that really want it.
He does frequently answer on the Real Estate section if you click on the US Forums at the top of this page.
I believe he's on your side of town.
I agree

Old 06-14-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Yes, yes!! Price it low and go high on the remodel. New bathrooms and Kitchen if possible. If you want to sell it in this market anyway.

Side note for Sheena:
P.S. Not for thread, my air in my car went out again Sheena and I thought of you. lol Holly Hot Hell. My god, I forgot how hot it gets. It now only blows sort of cool air. I don't even bother with my make up anymore. ha ha
LOL........luckily the mornings arene't too bad and makeup stays on but in the afternoon I look like hell when I get out of the car.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:24 PM

812 posts, read 2,309,314 times
I know this post was old but someone said to give the broker higher comission. Don't do that. With this market, no way. Standard is standard and paying more isn't going to sell your home any faster. If someone said you pay more we sell it faster, was that implying they would actually get your home in a listing it wouldn't already have been in. That was one of the earlier posts but didn't sound right.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:29 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,797,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
I know this post was old but someone said to give the broker higher comission. Don't do that. With this market, no way. Standard is standard and paying more isn't going to sell your home any faster. If someone said you pay more we sell it faster, was that implying they would actually get your home in a listing it wouldn't already have been in. That was one of the earlier posts but didn't sound right.
I agree with Prinny. If the buyers agent doesn't have a buyer for your property, then a higher commission is not going to help. Today the agents are working for buyers who are being extremely selective because there are still many homes to choose from. They are looking for price, and they are looking for perfection, in that order.

Actually many of the buyers are expecting too much. Buyers will look at an early 1980's home priced at $200k and complain that it doesn't have granite counter tops and stainless appliances. That causes the overly picky buyer to spend a lot of time looking for properties, and in time they will have difficulty buying what they want because of their excessive damands. The smart buyers will be picking off the good ones.

What is happening in the Phoenix market right now is buyers are looking for the under 300k and especially under 200k homes in good condition and priced below the market. They are buying these homes. Some need cosmetic upgrades and some are in move in condition.

The realtors that work with these serious buyers look for the home the buyers want and not at the amount of commission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: