Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 05:05 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,142,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matyoka View Post
Quick question about pools: Since our purchase I have been trying to drain the water but I am always between the two states. I tried to rent the pump in February, however Mesa Water Works department advised me to do it after April 1st as it will not affect the 2012-2013 water rate as bad. I guess I will have to rent a pump next week and get it done, however I am not sure where to drain it into. Should I look for a specially marked well-cap around the front yard? The pool is pebble tech, I shouldn't be worried about the "not to sudden" weight and pressure change, right?

To the OP: two weeks ago before my flight back to Montana, I took my first dip of 2012. Weather was 78F the water 68-70, a bit on the chilly side but got used to in in no time. Montana's rivers are still frozen...
This doesn't help you now that it's almost April, but City of Mesa has a form online that you send in so they adjust out that water usage from your average for the wastewater bill for the coming year.

City of Mesa also expects you to drain it into your sewer cap. But most people don't, as far as I can tell. I always drain it into the street.

You will want to do it before it's too hot and not leave it sitting empty for long. I've never heard of pressure/weight change issues, just the surface getting too hot for its design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 PM

363 posts, read 932,063 times
Thanks Freddy, will definetly drain it during my next week's stay... Do I fill up from the faucet on the side of the house or the kitchen? Is there any difference between the two?

Old 03-30-2012, 06:03 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,642,046 times
You know I am!!!!!
I'm so glad summer is on it's way! I love the swimming season. My favorite time though is in the mid summer early in the morning. Wonderful

Old 03-30-2012, 06:10 PM

675 posts, read 1,420,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matyoka View Post
Thanks Freddy, will definetly drain it during my next week's stay... Do I fill up from the faucet on the side of the house or the kitchen? Is there any difference between the two?
Use the outdoor spigot.

Water from your kitchen faucet probably has been through your water softener. Water from the outside spigot probably has not.

Also, it is usually more convenient to hook it up a hose to an outside spigot than an indoor faucet. It will take hours if not a day to fill depending on how many gallons your pool holds. That's a long time to be without use of your kitchen sink!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:27 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,142,391 times
Yep, the hose. Though if you have no water softener or R.O. or anything, it's the same water.

matyoka- I did mine last month and even asked if you wanted to use the pump I rented! You were probably leaving town. Home Depot has a 3000/GPH one for about $50 for 24 hours. Mine drained in about 4 hours. I think you can get it a little cheaper if you can get it back to them in 4 hours (or they told me 4.5 w/grace period).

Old 03-30-2012, 09:50 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,582,483 times
I'll take the indoor pools at LA Fitness and Lifetime Fitness in the Tempe / Ahwatukee area over any outdoor pool this summer. Some of these indoor pools are nice and brisk even in the summer - I guess due to relative temperature differences. So after drying off from swimming in an 82 degree pool it feels invigorating at 8:15 in the morning even going out to my car in the 97 degree heat. Skin feels so dry that I would not feel the 115 degree temps later in the day!

Please - fitness swimmers only! Hoppers and boppers please go to outdoor kidney pools! We lap swimmers need the lane space.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 PM

675 posts, read 1,420,194 times
I'm more of a floater than a swimmer... let alone a 'fitness' swimmer! I just want to float on pool noodles with a cup of dos equis and stare at the mountains and desert.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:05 AM

363 posts, read 932,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
I'm more of a floater than a swimmer... let alone a 'fitness' swimmer! I just want to float on pool noodles with a cup of dos equis and stare at the mountains and desert.
Now you talking my language, however I throw in a fine cigar in that mix

Old 03-31-2012, 04:51 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,265,798 times
Just enjoyed our first swim of the year. Pool was 76 degrees and was enjoyed with a cocktail and cigar in hand.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:39 AM

90 posts, read 151,192 times
My wife and I can't wait to move from Portland to Phoenix. It has been raining almost non-stop for the past 4 days. It's been heavy rain too.

Our new house has a pool and we really look forward to out door living in AZ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area