Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:43 PM

89 posts, read 327,008 times

Advertisements

Sell it in the winter... You find some fool that forgot how hot it is here and by time summer runs around, you'll be in a new white car....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 07:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesma View Post
I have a red car w. black interior here in FL.
That's a real winner - an all-time favorite for speeding tickets and burns your rear! Btw, since there are heated seats, how come nobody's come up with cooled seats?! Ha, just checked to see if I'm behind the times and it turns out I AM! There are: http://www.coolorheat.com/newsreleases1.html (broken link) Has anybody tried those?

Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,732,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350 View Post
Sell it in the winter... You find some fool that forgot how hot it is here and by time summer runs around, you'll be in a new white car....lol
Great advice, GT350.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:59 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,791,633 times
I drive a black Lincoln Town Car and it does get hot in the summer. This year I'll put a cover over the dash board, and get an insulated seat cover for the front seats.

I do warn occupants to not touch the black part of the door when they get in. Only touch the chrome handles.

But I love the classy look of the black town car as opposed to the same model in white. I bought it especially for that classy look and so that my magnetic signs show up well on the side.

It's a matter of marketing, advertising and personal preference, so I just have to deal with the heat part of it.

Now if I can get one of those seat coolers, I'll be all set.

Bill

Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 PM

259 posts, read 823,883 times
Edited - wrong thread, lol

Old 06-08-2013, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 813 times
I think it's insane, but I actually see quite a few BLACK cars on the Phoenix area freeways. a black car in 120 degree heat. and it's hotter in the city, because the concrete absorbs the heat. I live on outskirts and it's at least 5-10 degrees cooler you can feel it as you leave city. Black will make your AC & car engine work harder, because it not only absorbs heat but doesn't dissipate it as quickly. You can fry an egg on your hood in about 10-20 minutes, try it, pretty scary especially with infants in car. Those cars with remote start are a life saver, start it and let it run with AC on to dissipate heat while you are walking to car and before even putting grocery in trunk is life saver then put infant in a cool car. This is why several major car manufacturers have their TEST TRACK here in Phoenix area Maricopa county. Hyundai, Honda, GM, and several others to see if AC can withstand heat and if car won't overheat in June/July/August/Sept months EXTREME HEAT. 120 during day in shade, 100 at night. You are in for a treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area