Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:34 PM

9 posts, read 35,870 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 10:39 PM

What I meant by bad rep was due to some blogs. Being that I have no idea of the area I just wanted to find a family friendly community to raise our children. I have heard that Copper RIdge is a very good school. We will be renting for awhile til our home here sells. I was looking online and sound a home in an development calles ashton very nice home. I guess while looking online you can;t see the street and I just want some warmth in the neighborhood. Maybe I will look in McDowell. Seem we have children the same age. Thank you for your input ....

Old 07-09-2008, 03:02 AM

371 posts, read 1,008,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne Helman View Post
What I meant by bad rep was due to some blogs. Being that I have no idea of the area I just wanted to find a family friendly community to raise our children. I have heard that Copper RIdge is a very good school. We will be renting for awhile til our home here sells. I was looking online and sound a home in an development calles ashton very nice home. I guess while looking online you can;t see the street and I just want some warmth in the neighborhood. Maybe I will look in McDowell. Seem we have children the same age. Thank you for your input ....
I don't know how people can really blast DC Ranch in a blog...I lived there and it is a very nice area...maybe people who can't afford it blast it to make themselves feel better?

Anyways, I don't know what your price range is but plan on spending $1M+ to get what you 'need' in DC Ranch.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM

67 posts, read 272,579 times
check out Grayhawk. The elementary school is awesome. It has a core knowledge program that Copper Ridge doesn't. I do think Grayhawk is a little less "snobby". It seems the people in Grayhawk who want to "move up" move to DC Ranch,but a lot of them end upleaving their kids at Grayhawk. I love it here. We walk to school or my kids ride their bikes. Lot of moms out walking with their kids to school. It's a flatter area thatn Dc Ranch so it's easier to ride bikes, scooter or go running. Good luck!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:58 AM

Thank you I will looke there. I just ahave a few concerns regarding my 6 1/2 year old who is entering the 1st grade. He has high functioning Autsium. Which, if you are unfamilar with it is more like Asgergers. He functions well in school very bright just a little socially immature with peers. No body ever see's it. He is streamlined in school no special classes just a littel speach for expressive language. But doing VERY well. Do you happen to kow anything about the schools programs for children with Austim? I just can't speak with the distric since thery are closed till the 25th. Also when you say Greyhawk is that a subdivision near the (ihat to keep saying DC anch but that is all I know area). Or just an area by itself? Are there different developments of Greyhawk so I can look up some rental property in that area? Thank you again for you input

Old 07-09-2008, 11:45 AM

Grayhawk is a master planned community across the road from DC Ranch. There is a public golf course,one of the best in the valley. There is everything from condos to 4 million dollar custom homes. I'm sure there are lots of rentals. Check out greatschools.net for the Grayhawk elemetary school rating. The school district is Paradise Valley (DC Ranch is Scottsdale school district). Also, if the moderator doesn't delete this website, check out seriousaboutrealestate.com They have tons of Grayhawk listings and I'm sure rental info.
I do know a bit about autism. My nephew, who will also start 1st grade in the fall in Texas,was just diagnosed as high functioning aspergers. There was also a little boy at Grayhawk Elem. that has autism. He went to school there for about 3 years and is now going to a school specifically for autism located in Scottsdale. He wasn't high functioning. I believe he did have some extra help with speech and reading within the school. I hope some of this helps. I'll keep checking back in case you have any more questions.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM

Thank you so very much for your help. I really appreciate it. So you do you feel that Greyhawk is a more child friendly community? I am going to look there for sure next wednesday when I come into town for a couple of days. The reason why I asked about the child friendly neighborhoods is I also have a 5 year old that loves to play with anyone and everyone. Much more outside energy. My older loves to paint and learn. SO I have a little of each.
Thanks again

Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 PM

Grayhawk is definately family friendly. Look for homes near the school. All the neighborhoods around the school attract families with kids (coventry, coventry at the park, Pinnacle,Montevina and monterey). The homes in the gated areas around the golf course have a more wide range of people. There are areas with less kids and more retired people. My neighborhood (pinnacle) is across from the school and we have our own neighborhood park. Kids ring the door bell to play with my kids (I have 3) all the time. Halloween is a blast! I will tell you that when you househunt next week don't be surprised if you don't see a lot of kids. This time of the year is when everyone travels or they are in a camp or pool. I househunted 6 years ago this month and saw no signs of life. So I got creative and looked for basketball hoops, strollersby the front door,bikes etc...
There is also a Boys and Girls club in Grayhawk that has great programs, especially basketball. My kids just finished 4 weeks summer school at Grayhawk elementary. One daughter took a comic book drawing class and my other daughter was in a preschool class. So there is lots to do around here. Good Luck!!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 AM

WOW!! Well ,you have eased my concerns! I will let you know what I find. Here we are communicating via blog (which I have never done). We could meet not even knowing we have talked via blog. It's funny.... Have a great day! And thanks again!

Old 07-12-2008, 11:08 AM

Good luck! I'd love to hear what you find/think about your search. Keep me posted. Who knows, you could move into my neighborhood and we could meet for coffee sometime. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area