Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 PM

13 posts, read 74,520 times

Advertisements

Good Food? I wanted opinions on where others like to eat in Chandler. I'm open to all types of cuisine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 04:17 PM

94 posts, read 350,068 times
Cyclo Vietnemese on Dobson/Chandler, 98 South in Downtown Chandler, Fogo E Brasa on Chandler/48th St. If I think of any more I'll let you know!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 PM

2,791 posts, read 7,478,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassy2 View Post
Good Food? I wanted opinions on where others like to eat in Chandler. I'm open to all types of cuisine.
Agree with all recommendations above. Some other favorites down that way:

-- Pita Jungle (http://www.pitajungle.com/index.cfm/locationDetails/location/chandler - broken link), Middle Eastern-influenced food @ Dobson & Ray
-- Chino Bandito, Mexican-Chinese fast food blend @ Dobson & Chandler Blvd (behind Cyclo)
-- Angel Sweet, nice gelato shop on north side of Chandler Blvd across from Cyclo.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:03 AM

111 posts, read 227,170 times
I can't speak for Chandler since I never lived in the East Valley but since leaving Arizona, the one thing I miss dearly are so many great restaurants!

It's a little known fact that Zagat rated Phoenix as the #2 restaurant city in America after NYC.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwinston73 View Post
I can't speak for Chandler since I never lived in the East Valley but since leaving Arizona, the one thing I miss dearly are so many great restaurants!

It's a little known fact that Zagat rated Phoenix as the #2 restaurant city in America after NYC.
I agree there are many great restaurants(you can see some on my posts under best things of Phx, or the downtown area). However, I don't understand how zagat could've named it #2. There is no way it compares to the Bay Area. Last I checked Phoenix doesn't have Charlie Trotter, Thomas Keller, or Bradley Ogden. Much as I hate Vegas, I think they would top Phoenix also as they have attracted some well known chefs. Am I missing something I am a total foodie and never go to chains so I am always looking for great places.

Last edited by azsundevil; 10-14-2007 at 11:27 PM..

Old 10-14-2007, 11:19 PM

111 posts, read 227,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsundevil View Post
I agree there are many great restaurants(you can see some on my posts under best things of Phx, or the downtown area). However, I don't understand how zagat could've named it #2. There is no way it compares to the Bay Area. Last I checked Phoenix doesn't have Charlie Trotter, Thomas Keller, or Bradley Ogden. Much as I hate Vegas, I think they would top Phoenix also as they have attracted some well known chefs. Am I missing something I am a total foodie and never go to chains so I am always looking for great places.
Yes, you are definitely missing something, check Phoenix magazine's "Best of Phoenix" each year along with my post under "good things about Phoenix" or something like that.

All I know is I moved to Newport Beach, CA, the wealthiest community in America, and even though it's 1,000% better and I'd never go back, the restaurants do not hold a candle to Phoenix. My family from the NYC area was sad that I left Phoenix just because they no longer get to visit and go to the great restaurants.

Having said all that, my friends who I keep in touch with in AZ tell me that good restaurants are falling like dominoes and closing one after another thanks to the housing crash and collapse of Arizona's fake real estate based economy.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwinston73 View Post
Yes, you are definitely missing something, check Phoenix magazine's "Best of Phoenix" each year along with my post under "good things about Phoenix" or something like that.

All I know is I moved to Newport Beach, CA, the wealthiest community in America, and even though it's 1,000% better and I'd never go back, the restaurants do not hold a candle to Phoenix. My family from the NYC area was sad that I left Phoenix just because they no longer get to visit and go to the great restaurants.

Having said all that, my friends who I keep in touch with in AZ tell me that good restaurants are falling like dominoes and closing one after another thanks to the housing crash and collapse of Arizona's fake real estate based economy.
I do always read the Best of Phoenix list. I am very glad that more independent places keep opening. Despite the real estate market I haven't noticed any of my faves closing. Can't think of any good restaurants in Newport but I still don't see how Phx compares to the Bay Area. All of the Phx area has only 90 restaurants listed in Zagat while my neighborhood in SF has 70. Let alone that the SF area has over 1000 listings. Things I wish I could find more of in Phx are more places to get cheap good ethnic food. I haven't found a great Korean BBQ place yet and Malee's is good for Thai but way more expensive then I am used to paying. In SF I can walk out my door and get great thai, chinese, mexican, japenese, indian, african, etc. for less than $5 a meal. Haven't figured out how to do that in Phx yet

Old 10-19-2007, 01:26 AM

202 posts, read 982,842 times
I like McDonald's. There's a bunch of them over there. Check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area