Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 AM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inn Genius View Post
I think the worst part about Phoenix's traffic is so many dummies driving that don't know what the number 1 lane is for. People drive too slow in the fast lane and won't move to the right-hand lane like they are supposed to. I didn't notice this in California so much, people were rude but they at least knew the left-hand lane was for faster traffic or passing.
Absolutely right! The trouble is that I've noticed more of this slow driving in the left lanes more than ever lately. You'll even see those green taxis and Super Shuttles using the left lane, driving under the speed limit and causing a backup. Then of course, the clueless individual in the car or truck who simply won't move over. It has become a major irritation more than it used to be, and I really don't know why. I don't condone tailgating or excessive speeding, but I think the slowpokes are the worst of all because they hinder the flow, cause tempers to flare, and are more prone to accidents. They also tend to be inattentive. My near misses have been with the slow drivers who nearly sideswiped me because they didn't pay enough attention to the traffic in the next lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inn Genius View Post
But in Pheonix the heat is the worst part of all. I was born and raised in the Chicago area and it got pretty hot and sticky on many summer days but it wasn't everlasting like Phoenix's blazing burning heat is. The Midwest is sweltering but at least they have cool spells and rain in the summer. Phoenix doesn't, just the occasional thunderstorm with lots of wind and dust.
I agree here too ... however, one of the nice things about Phoenix's location is it's within a reasonable distance from cooler climates. Within two hours, you can be in the cool pines where it's 30 degrees cooler. About six hours to the west is the CA coast where it can also be 30 degrees cooler in the summer months. It isn't pleasant here during the summer, so the best way to beat it is to either escape, or stay cool with lots of water & A/C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area