Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:05 PM

72 posts, read 225,567 times

Advertisements

I have lived in my Taylor Woodrow home (pre Taylor Morrison before the merge) for 6 years and overall from a quality perspective it's been OK- things that were not done I later discovered:

1. Shower fiberglass walls barely had any glue on them so when I tiled the bathroom I just pulled the fiberglass right off the wall effortlessly and the fiberglass was not even w/ the wall- there was a space between the fiberglass and the wall
2. Did not put in enough attic insulation
3. Trim molding around the walls only had a nail or 2 in them securing them to the wall
4. Hot water heater exploded
5. Floor tiles were not sealed
6. Carpet seams coming apart even w/ upgraded carpet

So overall a couple of things but I bought my home when they were building like crazy so the builder is only as good as his sub contractors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 03:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,796 times
How about KB home? My mom is a first time home buyer and she's looking at KB. So I felt obligated to do her homework for her and read a bunch of bad things about KB. Which home builder should we go with for a home in Southern California? 500k price range is preferred. Thanks

Old 04-10-2017, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,902 times
I have a home from Taylor Morrison, want to come look at my mess email me [email]twodor1@me.com[/email], I will get others together and you can listen to all the same lies we were told, and read the pages if issues and all the excuses.
The problems the employees , don't buy from them, like getting charge for something and they don't give you what you pay for, and then when you finally get them to admit the screwed up, they try to talk you into not having it because it would make a huge mess, and then the won't give your money back, they suck, like I said, email me,

Old 04-10-2017, 06:20 PM

200 posts, read 413,304 times
So I posted an opinion on TM almost 4 years ago , and to my surprise , my opinion has changed for the worse.
Whether they have had a management change or just a policy shift, they are now not providing the warranty and customer service that they did 4 years ago. It seems they want to " cheap out" on repairs and deny them if possible...
Stepping over the dollar to save a dime, so to speak.
Not even in my top 5 now.
I would not recommend , in my opinion.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:38 PM

21 posts, read 17,119 times
I've been looking at Taylor Morrison at Ahwatukee Foothills West recently. Amazing homes on beautiful
mountain views and lots. My biggest concern is the new 202 Freeway being built (cut) through the mountain only 300 feet from the TM property line (about the size of a football field?).

Has anyone seen the models, or have an opinion on the location, and/or home builder?

Old 04-07-2018, 03:51 AM

110 posts, read 119,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
I've been looking at Taylor Morrison at Ahwatukee Foothills West recently. Amazing homes on beautiful
mountain views and lots. My biggest concern is the new 202 Freeway being built (cut) through the mountain only 300 feet from the TM property line (about the size of a football field?).

Has anyone seen the models, or have an opinion on the location, and/or home builder?
I believe the home builder is one of the better ones here in the valley. I know what community you are talking about. It looks like a really neat one.

As for the freeway. You are gonna hear it. I looked at it on a map a little while back. I am not sure how loud it will be, but I am about 1,500 ft. from the 101 and there are plenty of times that I can hear it.

I would say though at the same time the freeway makes that land more valuable. It will provide an easier way to get to the I-10 and Phoenix.

I hope this helps. It looks a really beautiful community. I would just look into commute time and think about that freeway.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:08 PM

Thank you, Andrew! I appreciate your thoughts.

Prices keep going up at TM Ahwatukee-$13K since December 2017. High lot premiums, no amenities (clubhouse, etc.), and a HOA fee of $160./month.

For a nice gated community and mountain views, seems like they are selling 1 or 2 houses a week on average. Still waiting for a lot I like to be released.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
I believe the home builder is one of the better ones here in the valley. I know what community you are talking about. It looks like a really neat one.

As for the freeway. You are gonna hear it. I looked at it on a map a little while back. I am not sure how loud it will be, but I am about 1,500 ft. from the 101 and there are plenty of times that I can hear it.

I would say though at the same time the freeway makes that land more valuable. It will provide an easier way to get to the I-10 and Phoenix.

I hope this helps. It looks a really beautiful community. I would just look into commute time and think about that freeway.
Not only will you hear it your home will feel the vibrations and you'll certainly be subjected to the various "dusts" that blow off any freeway or heavily traveled roadway...

Old 04-09-2018, 05:19 PM

200 posts, read 413,304 times
In my opinion....run from "trailer" Morrison.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:46 PM

Thank you to all that replied to my message. I've decided not to purchase a home from TM, especially
in the Ahwatukee Foothills West location. Noise, dust, and vibrations (reality) is a big negative, besides
the build quality, which I observed during an inspection I did last weekend. Many obvious construction
flaws, and I'm not a qualified inspector: Mis- matched roof eves, wood railing above garage doors not cut
long enough (there was a note from the "Boss" that told the crew to fill in the bad gaps with sealant), and
large cement chips on the foundation floor in many areas (not cured?). Low quality wood in some areas. Shocking.

Any other suggestions for home builders in the Phoenix area? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area