Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 PM

343 posts, read 552,285 times

Advertisements

Yes, and the cost to borrow decreased. Again our bonds got more expensive. This will force us to do more business domestically. Just part of the cycle. Next we'll see spending decrease after the holidays. Inflation is higher than what's reported as core. Times are changing faster, but bubbles may be good for the economy. You must predict the next one if the current bubble is commodities. Maybe it is guns or jewelry. Possibly stocks or bonds. Foreign currencies? Who knows....more debt is scary though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 09:02 PM

56 posts, read 266,814 times
Lots of good information here

Old 11-02-2007, 10:12 AM

641 posts, read 2,366,193 times
My Brother has a home in the San Tan heights. One problem, you have to take Elliot road to get in or out of there. It gets very congested and backed up. Just a two laner.
Accesability is the worst part some areas of Queen Creek. If you have time to waste sitting in traffic all morning and comming home in the evening, then go for it. I personaly would not want the trek from Queen Creek to my job, and the traffic wait. Its not worth it for the cheaper housing in my opinion.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:34 AM

I know, I wouldn't want to live in Flagstaff and commute to Phoenix, but some people do.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgitoz View Post
Here's a link to queen creek's profile. Property taxes are going to vary from house to house based on their assessed value but you are looking around 1100-1300.
http://www.azcommerce.com/doclib/COMMUNE/queen%20creek.pdf (broken link)
I pay that now for a $300k house, though I don't live in QC. I think it will be a bit lower for that amount.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 PM

45 posts, read 166,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I pay that now for a $300k house, though I don't live in QC. I think it will be a bit lower for that amount.

Like I said, the amount you are going to pay for taxes is going to vary based on the assessed value of your house. When I say the assessed value of your house I don't mean what you think it's worth, I mean what the Maricopa County Assessor (or Pinal County for some parts of Queen Creek) determines what the value of the property is. The value of your house plus budget demands (varies depending on the tax area your house belongs to) is what makes up your tax to be paid, and it's the reason why you see tax increases in some areas while others remain the same (within the same city). I believe you pay that for your house. In fact I've seen $300K houses that paid only 475 last year!!!!(these were new builds that were assessed based on land value since no improvements were done at the time of the assessment) Keep in mind that taxes are paid in arrears, which is why you'll see an increase on your taxes even though your house decreased in value (more than likely). This is why it is important for people to vote and be involved in their community. If you don't vote you'll let others decide who runs the show in your area and their plans involving taxes might not be the best for you. One last thing, until you sell your house for $300K don't think it's worth that much!!

Old 11-03-2007, 12:00 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabfon View Post
Well I am glad to hear that there is not necessarely something wrong with the neighbourhood.....
You're kidding me right??????????????

Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM

Real estate taxes in Pinal County are higher than Maricopa due to the tax structure. Pinal leans on real estate tax revenue more as Maricopa County can count on other tax for revenue.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:12 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgitoz View Post
Like I said, the amount you are going to pay for taxes is going to vary based on the assessed value of your house. When I say the assessed value of your house I don't mean what you think it's worth, I mean what the Maricopa County Assessor (or Pinal County for some parts of Queen Creek) determines what the value of the property is. The value of your house plus budget demands (varies depending on the tax area your house belongs to) is what makes up your tax to be paid, and it's the reason why you see tax increases in some areas while others remain the same (within the same city). I believe you pay that for your house. In fact I've seen $300K houses that paid only 475 last year!!!!(these were new builds that were assessed based on land value since no improvements were done at the time of the assessment) Keep in mind that taxes are paid in arrears, which is why you'll see an increase on your taxes even though your house decreased in value (more than likely). This is why it is important for people to vote and be involved in their community. If you don't vote you'll let others decide who runs the show in your area and their plans involving taxes might not be the best for you. One last thing, until you sell your house for $300K don't think it's worth that much!!
Yes, I know all this, I used to be a real estate agent. I bought my house for $301, but it has gone down a bit. The assessed value is always lower than the market value so the taxes are based off that.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:13 PM

One county can still charge more than the next county in real estate tax per $1000. The ratio will be higher in Pinal compared to Maricopa. The original poster has a correct assumption in the Queen Creek tax rate if in Pinal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area