Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:52 PM

41 posts, read 237,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochitown View Post
+1

QC might be OK if you are retired and never leave the house and love hellish weather most of the year.

What do you mean by hellish weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 08:12 PM

3 posts, read 8,236 times
Don't give up on QC too quick. I have lived out here 10 yrs ( Pinal County) and have seen meny changes. Ironwood Rd is soon to be finished and the latest work on the 60 has improved the commute. I spend about 50 minutes coming home in the evening and about 1hr 10 min. to Tempe in the morning (which should become shorter by spring with the completion of Ironwood and the north bound Red Mountain) Its worth the trade off for me. Very quiet in my area, stars at night and a great place for my horses. Shopping will soon be withing a very few miles and restaurants will follow.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:38 PM

371 posts, read 1,008,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabfon View Post
What do you mean by hellish weather?
LOL

Days with 90+ degree weather in 9 of the 12 months of the year and 100+ degrees in 6 months...does that qualify?

Old 11-09-2007, 10:01 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovestheSun View Post
Maybe I should clarify. I'm not wanting trash talk. Why I posted this question on this forum is exactly for the reasons you suggest. I'm trying to do my own research, and try to distinguish exactly what is good or bad with different communities -- and all the while keeping in mind my limited budget.

I want insight from others, that's why I'm here asking questions. Not being a resident of Phoenix or Arizona in general, I don't want to waste my time being allured by attractive home prices only to find out -- during an expensive and time consuming site visit -- that the neighborhood is a dog.

Foreclosures, that in and of itself does not constitute a bad neighborhood. But if the quality of homes is crap, the crime rate is high, services are poor etc etc...well that is why I posted. I get that the commute and roadways are a pain right now, but are there plans in place to develop the road system, for example, is anyone aware if this is already built in to the city's overall planning budget -- or has construction started, etc. Or, are the roadways going to be this way indefinitely.

That's why I asked for clarification on your thoughts on the community, and remain open to hearing from others. It's a huge investment for us, and one that we don't plan to rush.

Thanks for any feedback.

QC is full of the same crappy homes that are put up all over the Valley. I personally would not invest in QC, I would pay more to live in Gilbert. I don't know that QC is any safer than Chandler or Gilbert. The schools are better in Chanler and Gilbert and Chandler and Gilbert offer more services. Sometimes cheap houses is just not enough.

Visit for yourself, you may like it.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:33 PM

284 posts, read 1,020,849 times
Quote:
I was just reading this thread about "Laveen vs Surprise" and people were talking about murders and more specifically about the murder that occured last weekend when this boy got shot at his own party in Surprise. This area seems quite rough, is that the same for Queen Creek? IF that is the case, I don't know if I would ever consider a foreclose house in queen creek.

I believe he was refering to Laveen not surprise. Surprise is one of the safer areas in the metro phoenix area

Old 11-10-2007, 09:34 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I believe he was refering to Laveen not surprise. Surprise is one of the safer areas in the metro phoenix area

If you bring up the crime report for the valley Surprise has one of the lowest crime rates. There is more crime in Buckeye than in Surprise and there are 3 times more people in Surprise than in Buckeye. The last quarter there were no rapes, stabbings, homiside, gunshot's fired in the city of surprise. All of that happened in Avondale. A lot of that happend in Buckeye. Seems the closer you live to the 10 the more crime you get to take part in. Not sure where Laveen is but I bet they have more crime than Surprise.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:02 AM

284 posts, read 1,020,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
If you bring up the crime report for the valley Surprise has one of the lowest crime rates. There is more crime in Buckeye than in Surprise and there are 3 times more people in Surprise than in Buckeye. The last quarter there were no rapes, stabbings, homiside, gunshot's fired in the city of surprise. All of that happened in Avondale. A lot of that happend in Buckeye. Seems the closer you live to the 10 the more crime you get to take part in. Not sure where Laveen is but I bet they have more crime than Surprise.

The center is a couple miles south of the 10

Laveen, AZ, United States of America - Google Maps

Old 11-10-2007, 12:26 PM

45 posts, read 166,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochitown View Post
LOL

Days with 90+ degree weather in 9 of the 12 months of the year and 100+ degrees in 6 months...does that qualify?

LOL
I'm pretty bad at math myself but 9 months of 90+ degree weather plus 6 months of 100+ degree weather makes a 15 month year!!! WOW it does qualify as hellish when the year is longer than it should........

Old 11-10-2007, 02:19 PM

15 posts, read 71,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nice Baby! View Post
Most posts are accurate, however, I still see more people moving into the area than out. Queen Creek proper (city) has many more conveniences than the unincorporated part in Pinal County. The commute is about 20-30 minutes if your job is in the east valley(Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa) and a little longer, of course, to Tempe/Scottsdale.
Um... I'm not sure how accurate your own post is. When I lived in Queen Creek it took at least an hour to get to my job in Mesa and my wife had an hour drive into Chandler. Plus I had to deal with traffic jams and accidents on the 60 nearly every day. I live in Dewey now and it actually takes me less time to get to the Phoenix Airport from Dewey than it did to get there from Queen Creek!

Old 11-22-2007, 12:01 PM

3 posts, read 13,615 times
Default new san tan people

Quote:
Lovesthesun,

I guess my reply was more in the sense of safety as to date, the only thing I have heard about Queen Creek is the fact that the roads are not well designed and commuting can be quite an adventure. As I will not have to commute my posting was making reference to safety and the fact that I did not hear anything yet to date about its crime rate being outrageous or worst than phoenix, etc
We are buying a house in san tan heights. the price is great and we like that anything we could want is within fifteen miles. as for what I have been reading about the roads Ican tell you they are a lot better then here in wa. love the country and climate in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area