Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:50 AM

20 posts, read 98,826 times

Advertisements

Here is the Arizona statute that speaks to explicit sexual material for minors:
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/search/oop/qfullhit (broken link).asp?CiWebHitsFile=/ars/13/03507.htm&CiRestriction=13%2D3507&CiQueryFile=/search/ars.idq&CiBeginHilite=&CiEndHilite=&CiUserParam3=..//ars/ars.htm&CiHiliteType=Full

Arizona State Criminal Statute, Chapter 35, #13-3507 states:
Public display of explicit sexual materials; classification; definitions
A. It is unlawful for any person knowingly to place explicit sexual material upon public display, or knowingly to fail to take prompt action to remove such a display from property in his possession or under his control after learning of its existence.
B. A person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a class 6 felony.
C. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Explicit sexual material" means any drawing, photograph, film negative, motion picture, figure, object, novelty device, recording, transcription or any book, leaflet, pamphlet, magazine, booklet or other item, the cover or contents of which depicts
human genitalia or depicts or verbally describes nudity, sexual activity, sexual conduct, sexual excitement or sadomasochistic abuse in a way which is harmful to minors. Explicit sexual material does not include any depiction or description which, taken in context, possesses serious educational value for minors or which possesses serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.
2. "Public display" means the placing of material on or in a billboard, viewing screen, theater marquee, newsstand, display rack, vending machine, window, showcase, display case or similar place so that material within the definition of paragraph 1 of this subsection is easily visible or readily accessible from a public thoroughfare, from the property of others, or in any place where minors are invited as part of the general public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:43 AM

11 posts, read 34,919 times
Thumbs up Fantastic!

This sounds like just the place I am looking for. Saw Gilbert on a list of most conservative cities in the US. We are looking at moving to Arizona or possibly Utah, where my school is located, so this sounds great.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:19 PM

103 posts, read 229,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmlong View Post
This sounds like just the place I am looking for. Saw Gilbert on a list of most conservative cities in the US. We are looking at moving to Arizona or possibly Utah, where my school is located, so this sounds great.
You'll love Gilbert. Great mix of Mormons and hot chicks.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:15 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,059,356 times
Besides being conservative (Victoria's Secret) ...Gilbert has great schools and a low crime rate. There are also lots of family oriented community events....Gilbert Day's and the annual family New Year's Eve celebration, to name a couple.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM

11 posts, read 34,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Tracy View Post
Besides being conservative (Victoria's Secret) ...Gilbert has great schools and a low crime rate. There are also lots of family oriented community events....Gilbert Day's and the annual family New Year's Eve celebration, to name a couple.
Thanks for the info!!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,296,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnari View Post
You'll love Gilbert. Great mix of Mormons and hot chicks.
I live in Gilbert and i'm not a mormon, I must fall under the hot chick category

Haha. Anyways, that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. I was just at the San Tan Mall today and I don't think that it was bad, in fact, I really didn't even notice. They have much more risque clothes in there then a black bra on a girl. Stupid.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 AM

14 posts, read 71,375 times
are most girls there open like everywhere else? i'm from CA, i've never heard of that before. its hard to picture a state with people that are that conservative like in iran. no offense to anyone though.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 PM

4 posts, read 29,954 times
Default Do you remember when name calling was childish?

I wish to relocate and in doing so I examine data and posts on city-data. I would ordinarily read and move-on. However, I must comment after reading posts from only 2 pages. I don't care about Mormons, Vic's Secret, or any contentious issue. I care about crime, productivity, real estate, weather, liveability and so on.
I care about intelligent discourse regarding positives and negatives or cities. I noticed that people posting in this subject name-call. How can name-calling advance a person's position? I "get it" that some strongly disagree with residents objecting to some visual advertizements. At the risk of sounding harsh and taking part in that which I criticize...posting non-related material and attacking unidentified people for their freedom in objecting does not appear mature.
Never mind mature, it simply is not productive in changing ideas.
In any case, it's easy to address people as "prudes, crybaby activists", and suggesting someone "crawling back under their rocks" from the security of a keyboard. How many posters who attacked those objecting to whatever signboard, supported V Secret by writing newspapers or shouldering a supportive sandwich board in front of V Secret?
I'm pretty sure that people have a right to protest and though it sometimes appears silly, I reluctantly support them. Give me information with which I can form an informed opinion. I want to try to understand the other guy. I do not, however, personally tolerate bullies.
Lastly and definitely finally, If those objecting are indeed "prudes", so what? Would their detractors care to wade-in on Mexican and Canadian residents as well? It's only a matter or differing views.
I know this post will be viciously attacked but I shall not share again.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:16 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,960,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmlong View Post

We'd love to have you too

Old 03-15-2009, 03:23 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,960,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper19 View Post
I wish to relocate and in doing so I examine data and posts on city-data. I would ordinarily read and move-on. However, I must comment after reading posts from only 2 pages. I don't care about Mormons, Vic's Secret, or any contentious issue. I care about crime, productivity, real estate, weather, liveability and so on.
I care about intelligent discourse regarding positives and negatives or cities. I noticed that people posting in this subject name-call. How can name-calling advance a person's position? I "get it" that some strongly disagree with residents objecting to some visual advertizements. At the risk of sounding harsh and taking part in that which I criticize...posting non-related material and attacking unidentified people for their freedom in objecting does not appear mature.
Never mind mature, it simply is not productive in changing ideas.
In any case, it's easy to address people as "prudes, crybaby activists", and suggesting someone "crawling back under their rocks" from the security of a keyboard. How many posters who attacked those objecting to whatever signboard, supported V Secret by writing newspapers or shouldering a supportive sandwich board in front of V Secret?
I'm pretty sure that people have a right to protest and though it sometimes appears silly, I reluctantly support them. Give me information with which I can form an informed opinion. I want to try to understand the other guy. I do not, however, personally tolerate bullies.
Lastly and definitely finally, If those objecting are indeed "prudes", so what? Would their detractors care to wade-in on Mexican and Canadian residents as well? It's only a matter or differing views.
I know this post will be viciously attacked but I shall not share again.

Don't worry the attackers are only the ones they hate conservatives and people of faith. It's no big deal. I'm not Mormon and I still think Gilbert is a great place to live due to it's low crime rate, family friendly, good schools, great shopping, easy access to freeways. We will also benefit from the nee Gaylord Project. Gilbert has a bright future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area