Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:29 AM

24 posts, read 117,921 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband and I are likely moving to Phoenix in March. Can anyone give me some tips on traffic? Is it really bad? What is an average commute? My husband will be working at N. Central Ave and E Indian School Road. I have no idea where that is in relation to the city's safe areas and newer homes... any comments or advice can help! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 AM

2,794 posts, read 7,495,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealgirl7 View Post
Hello, my husband and I are likely moving to Phoenix in March. Can anyone give me some tips on traffic? Is it really bad? What is an average commute? My husband will be working at N. Central Ave and E Indian School Road. I have no idea where that is in relation to the city's safe areas and newer homes... any comments or advice can help! Thanks!!
Central & Indian School is in Midtown, an established area in heart of Central Phoenix. The Phoenix Metro Area is so enormous that it would be hard to give you suggestions of neighborhoods without more specifics, including the following:

How new must the "newer homes" be? Built within the last 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, etc.? Personally, I'd recommend you go with something more than two decades old because it will probably ensure a better quality house and shorter commute to work. Others prefer newer houses, and that usually involves living farther out.

What's your price range?

Are schools important?

How long a commute can you tolerate?

What recreational and cultural amenities do you wish to be near?

etc.

Traffic is pretty bad all over, although still not as bad as in some other U.S. cities and trivial compared to many cities elsewhere in the world. Rush hour in Bangkok or Istanbul makes Phoenix traffic seem like a church picnic.

Last edited by exit2lef; 11-12-2007 at 09:22 AM..

Old 11-12-2007, 09:06 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,497,326 times
Silverbear speaks with wise tounge, Recreation is great.
Mcdowell Mtn Park to the east White tanks to the west, Estrella Mtn to the south for county parks, check there website for details.
City of Phoenix has great parks and recreation areas as well.
So location of where you want to call home is 1st, leave early enough to avoid traffic conditions. The street grid in Phx is really great and easy to learn. Will be helpful if the main streets develop problems jump over and continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area