Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 04:27 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,593,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyDJ View Post
Besides "Sun Lakes" in Chandler there really aren't any 55+ communities in Chandler and Gilbert. Both are suburban family towns. Mesa to the north of those cities offers more 55+ communities as well as Apache Junction a little farther east.
As already pointed out, there are a number of very nice "Active Adult" communities in Chandler and Gilbert. Another nice one is out in Maricopa, Province. Also might want to consider Sunland Village in East Mesa, Signal Butte and Guadalupe area. There is a small area of Ahwatukee that is considered retirement. It is much older but does have a rec center etc.

Not all of these are 55 +, some are 40+ and all have to accepted 40 + depending on their population averages. Have to talk to the HOA about that though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 08:05 AM

9,778 posts, read 11,184,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul91 View Post
Thanks for the Altos Research link, MN-Born-n-Raised. We're not in a hurry to buy, which is a nice change for us. We have the luxury of finding the right house at the right price and location this time.

Jkgourmet, thanks for mentioning Merrill Ranch, but we're in San Tan Valley now and want to move closer to town.
On that link, you can change the town. So what is happening in Phoenix for instance may be different than in Surprise where I have a home. For that matter, what happens in Surprise may not be the same for what happens in my specific neighborhood (Marley Park) but they will be interrelated to a certain degree.

My crystal ball consists of the Cromford Report, ASU (same guy), Altos Research, ARMLS, and the overall feel of the economy. I also look at what has closed in my neighborhood as well as the current listings. With that in mind, I don't feel the sense of urgency of rising prices. That can change in 6 months but I personally doubt it. As I said, my gut says Phoenix prices will be stable or probably down some one year from now. Yes. Fall is typically the time of year where demand falls. I just think it is falling faster than normal and inventory is RISING faster than normal. But. We are in unchartered times.

Your best bet is to hone into a neighborhood NOW. That takes time to figure out what you like. Then follow that area and know what you want so you can pull the trigger with confidence.

Good luck and enjoy the hunt!

Old 10-24-2013, 05:52 AM

79 posts, read 345,254 times
Thanks for all the great suggestions, people! I really appreciate your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area