Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:05 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
No I hear many many stories about how friends of friends or friends of relatives move down there and love it. Except for how everything is far apart, they love it. Made me think about moving there. I know of some people that moved there in their mid 20's and now they are in their mid 30's and they don't even want to go back here.

but thanks for steering me in the right frame of mind.
Well FYI I'm an Eastcoaster too, and to be honest, when I moved here in 2003 I really was shocked because the PHX Metro was nothing like I had envisioned. I had never been to Phoenix before I moved here so I kinda expected all Major Cities to be like the ones I was familiar with (NYC, Philly, Boston)...Well let me tell you, PHX is nothing like those cities and you could read about it all day but until you actually come down here and check it out you will not really have a very good understanding of what the PHX Metro is really like.

My advice: Get a cheap flight from Newark to PHX and spend at least a few days here with a rental car and drive around all these areas for yourself, because I can guarantee that what you are picturing and what PHX really is may be worlds apart.

Take it from one Eastcoaster to another, you really need to see this place for yourself to get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 08:40 AM

175 posts, read 372,209 times
^Good advice. And if you want to learn about Anthem, read this.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 AM

34 posts, read 59,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
Except for how everything is far apart
This is non-issue if you love to drive like myself. Furthermore, driving in Phoenix is much easier and more enjoyable (lighter traffic/less gridlock, much smoother roads, less aggressive drivers, efficient grid system, synchronized traffic lights, etc.) than driving in the major East Coast metro areas (i.e., Boston, NYC, Philly, DC).

Old 10-29-2013, 01:08 PM

347 posts, read 491,797 times
How aggressive is the home buying market in and around Goodyear. Is bargaining on closing costs out of the question If one is buying brand new in a brand new neighborhood? Is there a big disparity in home buying strategies new versus used?

Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,061,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Think about what? This is just an old urban legend that pops up periodically and appeals to salacious morons. And what does it have to do with your current questions, anyway?

what is this urban legend about a "special" lifestyle at Anthem?....some sort of swinger thing...or what?....

pm me if you want!....thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area