Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:29 PM

943 posts, read 2,523,284 times

Advertisements

Where are your jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 08:43 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,769,227 times
OP you are the one that has commutes to ASU in Tempe. Surprise would be the last place I'd live with a Tempe commute. Pick something closer in the east valley.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,479,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
To simply ignore a question is not a good way to handle it.
I agree. I think that's where it begins and ends.

OP.....there are tons of real estate agents out there, certainly some good one's.....have you considered going with someone else? That's what I would do in a heartbeat if I felt my agent wasn't doing their job....that's what they get paid for.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:25 AM

768 posts, read 1,760,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
1, 4, and 5, are untrue so this is half right.
Untrue? Not.

Report: density of Realtors by state - AGBeat
The CAI
BTR - Board of Technical Registration

Old 02-20-2014, 09:34 AM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,111,381 times
One in 168 in Az is a Realtor. You are saying that means half of the adults here?

The CAI is an anti- HOA website. I did not look through much of it, but not certain how factual or credible their info is or what that link is even related to.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:43 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,703,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryberry View Post
  1. Every other adult in AZ is either a real estate agent or a contractor.
lol.

I agree with the perception, but the reality is a bit different - I hold a RE license, but unless you share familial DNA with me, I won't sell or buy a house for you - you don't have enough money to make it worth the hassle and headache. I know enough about real-estate to know that I want nothing to do with retail purchasers.

Lots of investors & other professionals hold the license for their own use. (once you jump through all the hoops to get one, letting it lapse means you have to jump through all the hoops again in Arizona)

Probably 2/3's of the "agents" in my brokerage sell/buy/rent only one or two houses a year - and I'd be willing to bet they are the principals in most of those deals.

You also need a license to manage properties for others, to be involved in commercial deals, etc. You can get a list of licensed agents from the board of real-estate and say that, "there are XX agents within one mile of me", but almost none of them will be sporting yellow coats & have business cards with a prom picture on them.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:11 PM

240 posts, read 348,586 times
Hi Everyone, thanks for the replies. I am getting quite frustrated with my realtor not answering questions. I do have a backup to go to if this doesn't work out.

My husband's job is in Phoenix and I can work remotely doing data programming. I am starting to think we would be more happy in Phoenix, Chandler or close by.

LocoAZnative Yes my son is either going to commute to Tempe or stay on campus, I really want him to have the experience and stay on campus but we have to see what the costs are/etc.

Can some explain what the one poster meant by
If you buy a property in an HOA - research, research, research. You can not be too careful.

I don't know much about HOA's because we have never lived in one, what exactly do I need to research?

My son applied for Computer Information Systems at ASU and he is hoping he gets approved but that campus is a little harder to get into so if he doesn't he wants to take some courses at a community college and then transfer in hopefully into the Computer Information Systems. What community colleges are the best? Someone mentioned Glendale so I have that one on the list.

Thanks again for all the advice

Old 02-20-2014, 04:31 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,060,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl7 View Post
I am realizing my realtor doesn't answer even half of the questions I email her, I ask her questions in the portal and in emails and I maybe get one question answered if that, it seems like they rather talk on the phone and the answers are very vague.
You might e-mail your agent directly, instead of through the portal. I've had e-mails from the portal go into my spam folder - maybe the agent isn't receiving some of your messages???

Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM

240 posts, read 348,586 times
Thanks Tracy, I have been emailing her also just in case, nothing so far. I even pointed out that I asked some questions she hasn't answered, I am trying to be patient and kind.

Can someone please give me all their advice on Laveen? My cousin lives there and LOVES it and we do find a lot of great houses that are what we like for our price range. It's 6 miles from my husband's work so it's so far the shortest drive from anywhere to his work.
My cousin said there is a lot of gang activity near South Mountain area but is this too close to the areas in Laveen?

Old 02-20-2014, 05:50 PM

50,920 posts, read 24,424,171 times
My agent here in Colorado Springs was always open about what she felt she could and could not answer, and when she felt she couldn't answer a question, she'd tell me where I could find the appropriate information.

If you're getting completely stone-walled on any topic, time to get a new realtor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area