Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:18 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,107,036 times

Advertisements

We are having one right now and my patio which I just cleaned this AM is a mess again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 06:55 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,107,036 times
OK so I have been told this wasn't a dust storm. It was just alot of wind, blowing alot of dirt around (????)

Old 03-26-2014, 09:11 PM

39,129 posts, read 51,428,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
OK so I have been told this wasn't a dust storm. It was just alot of wind, blowing alot of dirt around (????)
Today was not a dust storm, just gusty winds and blowing dust. It was pretty gunky by the end of the day, though. For those who have trouble seeing the change of seasons, blowing dust in March is a hallmark of the changes happening. It ain't pretty like the blooming of the cherry trees. They had nearly 70 mph winds in Winslow today!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,263,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
We are having one right now and my patio which I just cleaned this AM is a mess again.
That's the first thing you have to learn around here is when to time the patio cleanings and car washes. Don't ever do it when they are forecasting wind as it is sure to be dusty even if it isn't as noticeable in the air as it was today. Any wind and the patio will need to be cleaned again and the cars washed again.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:25 PM

966 posts, read 1,355,847 times
as a Phoenix native of 49 years, they are DUST STORMS, no one ever called them anything else until a couple of years ago. What we had yesterday was just some blowing dust, not a dust storm. I am in the west valley did not see anything yesterday that was close to a dust storm.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:32 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,273,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
as a Phoenix native of 49 years, they are DUST STORMS, no one ever called them anything else until a couple of years ago. What we had yesterday was just some blowing dust, not a dust storm. I am in the west valley did not see anything yesterday that was close to a dust storm.
Absolutely was a dust storm ... just followed the seasonal patterns that we have here ... it ran south of the metro for the most part and then headed north & east

Around Papago you could look south and towards the east was dark and dusty, towards the west clear

There is some decent video here

Valley storm chaser captures time-lapse video of dust storm - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

definitely not a monsoon season storm, but absolutely a dust storm - even if it didn't run through the bulk of the metro

Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,542,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Absolutely was a dust storm ... just followed the seasonal patterns that we have here ... it ran south of the metro for the most part and then headed north & east

Around Papago you could look south and towards the east was dark and dusty, towards the west clear

There is some decent video here

Valley storm chaser captures time-lapse video of dust storm - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

definitely not a monsoon season storm, but absolutely a dust storm - even if it didn't run through the bulk of the metro

Day before yesterday, in the afternoon, was a dust storm. Yesterday was just high winds all over the Valley all day. Kicked up a lot of dust, but not in the formation we saw the day before. The dust in the air was visible all over, for a much longer time, than the storm the day before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area