Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:53 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,213,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I guess I'm old. Nightlife to me is happy hour, dinner, then a maybe couple more and home by midnight.
We are on the same page. I predict your idea of nightlife is going to be boring in comparison to the OP's. But if the OP wants a youthful nightlife scene, then Scottsdale is it.

That said, I never observed an attitude in the (old people) bars that I have visited in Scottsdale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 05:57 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,213,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
He's visiting family. That's not "moving".
Or one could say he is quick to prejudge people as "blue collar" even though his collar hasn't been established.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:34 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,737,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
He's visiting family. That's not "moving".
My point is that someone,especially a young person, who chooses to stay at SCW for a few months has no right to thumb his nose at blue collar people. What 20-30 year old man would want to stay there for more than a week?

Old 04-13-2014, 08:16 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,477,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
My point is that someone,especially a young person, who chooses to stay at SCW for a few months has no right to thumb his nose at blue collar people. What 20-30 year old man would want to stay there for more than a week?
We don't know the reasons he's come to stay with family, and we don't need to. Things happen in families, with older members and younger ones. He's not finding the entertainment options he's looking for in Surprise, and is looking for suggestions. Let's just stick to that.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:06 PM

123 posts, read 260,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
It sounds like you are talking about happy hour like settings. We have a plethora of restaurants in Surprise, Glendale, and Peoria a stones throw away where I too am in my short and flip flops. I'm walking distance to a martini bar and 5-10 minutes away from 30 other restaurants. Not so much live music though.. Another 75 spots can be had 10 miles away at 101 and Bell (Arrowhead).

If I am reading the OP correctly, he is looking for some nightlife. I got the feeling that he is into clubbing that kick-off around 11PM-2AM. That doesn't exist in 98% of the Valley including Surprise. Maybe Tony Keith's at Northern and 101. But that's it and you better like Country.

The $30K millionaires don't live in Scottsdale, they pretend to live there. I think it is a great idea for them to drive to your end of town and party till they puke in Scottsdale. Enjoy!
No, I'm not into clubbing. Never was, and I'm old enough now to be way past the staying out till 3am stage.

I'm looking for things to do both during day and night. It's good if the places have a young crowd, but not just the college kids.

I finally got over to Westgate recently and it looks like they have some nice bars there. However, still looking for a good dive bar or cool places to go on the westside.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,244,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Jack View Post
No, I'm not into clubbing. Never was, and I'm old enough now to be way past the staying out till 3am stage.

I'm looking for things to do both during day and night. It's good if the places have a young crowd, but not just the college kids.

I finally got over to Westgate recently and it looks like they have some nice bars there. However, still looking for a good dive bar or cool places to go on the westside.

As far as "dive bars" go I've heard good things about Romans Oasis in Goodyear. A bit of a drive though.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:28 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,615,915 times
Wait, he wants a dive bar but complains about blue collar? LOL

Old 04-15-2014, 09:43 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,509,831 times
Almost any suburban area is going to be a little on the boring side especially, and I emphasize especially the Sun City area.

Why not check out Arrowhead area, lots of good shopping and restaurants around there.

Downtown Glendale is kind of quaint.

There's the Wildlife World Zoo, one of my favorite animal parks anywhere in the country.

Most of all there's Westgate off the 101 Loop in Glendale with NHL and NFL games when they are in season, concerts, bars, shopping, and some pretty good restaurants.

I know west valley doesn't have as much going on as east valley but it's still relatively new and very up and coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area