Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 11:56 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,542,428 times

Advertisements

Apparently Huntington Dr does carry over in to Phoenix, but it's also an east west street, so the location still doesn't make sense. That part of southeast Phoenix, which is where what you are looking at might be, MAY not be the best choice. I would look further east into Tempe, then.

Cave Creek and Bell is a bit north of the Square, but it's still not the best choice.

27th and Oak is NOT a good choice, either. It seems like your budget, whatever it is, may be limiting things. As you look at prices, remember that cheap condos are often cheap because they are not in the best area. Also many of those may be older apartments converted to condos, but not necessarily. If your (or the in-laws') budget is at all flexible, your options will improve.

Last edited by observer53; 05-01-2014 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 12:12 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,766,037 times
For the record, the Greenway Square has been traditionally reckoned as being bordered by Greenway, Bell, 32nd St. and Cave Creek, so yes that intersection is on the NW corner.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
For the record, the Greenway Square has been traditionally reckoned as being bordered by Greenway, Bell, 32nd St. and Cave Creek, so yes that intersection is on the NW corner.

Like other areas, "traditional" boundaries vary, so to some, that's true. The area gets worse to the south, so it depends somewhat on what "Cave Creek and Bell" means (there are no condos at the intersection).

Old 05-01-2014, 01:43 PM

12 posts, read 11,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
Do you mind mentioning the budget you're looking in? That can help us with the suggestions. If not, no worries.
I'm sure some of us have moved across state lines and know the stress. I rented a house in Boise site unseen a few years ago, short notice military move so not much choice. Filled out the lease from California O.o
Turned out decent, but if I had came here first I may have had better luck!
They are thinking around $100-$125K & want to pay in cash. Props to you for moving across state lines without even seeing the place! You have more faith than me

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Like other areas, "traditional" boundaries vary, so to some, that's true. The area gets worse to the south, so it depends somewhat on what "Cave Creek and Bell" means (there are no condos at the intersection).
There's one a little more north at Cave Creek & Union Hills...is that still in the shady area?

The in-laws are not wanting to spend a ton, as they intend to sell the place when we are finished with residency (3 yrs). They do not want to take out another mortgage--they already own multiple homes, which is how the cash budget was decided--that's their liquid limit at present, without liquidating other sources.

Last edited by SeahawkDoc; 05-01-2014 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkDoc View Post
They are thinking around $100-$125K & want to pay in cash. Props to you for moving across state lines without even seeing the place! You have more faith than me

There's one a little more north at Cave Creek & Union Hills...is that still in the shady area?

The in-laws are not wanting to spend a ton, as they intend to sell the place when we are finished with residency (3 yrs). They do not want to take out another mortgage--they already own multiple homes, which is how the cash budget was decided--that's their liquid limit at present, without liquidating other sources.
Cave Creek and Union Hills is better, it's still a long drive for you. I would think that you could find something at that price more centrally located to the south. That said, when I plugged in 85040 I saw several at different addresses around 24th St and Huntington Dr in Phoenix. Those don't actually look bad, and that area is better than the area a couple of miles to the east or west. I saw that one of them had a monitored alarm, which is a nice feature-- not sure who is doing the monitoring, since it's a sale, not a rental, but....

I went on homes.com and plugged in condo and your price points. You should be able to get something in a better area than some of the ones you've been mentioning, in that price range.

Last edited by observer53; 05-01-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-01-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Cave Creek and Union Hills is better, it's still a long drive for you. I would think that you could find something at that price more centrally located to the south. That said, when I plugged in 85040 I saw several at different addresses around 24th St and Huntington Dr in Phoenix. Those don't actually look bad, and that area is better than the area a couple of miles to the east or west. I saw that one of them had a monitored alarm, which is a nice feature-- not sure who is doing the monitoring, since it's a sale, not a rental, but....

I went on homes.com and plugged in condo and your price points. You should be able to get something in a better area than some of the ones you've been mentioning, in that price range.
We really like this one: MLS #4967947. Is that the same one you found obs53? Is that area ok?

Old 05-01-2014, 02:47 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,705,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkDoc View Post
We really like this one: MLS #4967947. Is that the same one you found obs53? Is that area ok?
I'm not familiar with the area (24th St and Southern) but that property is already under contract.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I'm not familiar with the area (24th St and Southern) but that property is already under contract.
Damn! Thanks

Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM

805 posts, read 2,006,993 times
The farther north on cave creek you go the nicer/safer it gets. There are some condos/town homes off Tatum between cactus and Thunderbird in your price range as well not a bad area either.
Hopefully someone more familiar with the east and south ends of town can chime in I don't venture that way often. There's some also off i17 but way north of what you are looking. Around deer valley and pinnacle peak areas. But again its getting up there for both Tucson as well as a commute to children's hospital and county

Old 05-13-2014, 01:01 PM

UPDATE:

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and gave advice! We just went under contract for a town home in Cambelback East. This forum has been a wealth of information & we are so grateful to everyone here! Now it's time to start packing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area