Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 05:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamariegeddes View Post
Wow....thank you so much Jimj for taking time from your day to post that list of referrals. I had no idea those options were available (I was able to pass the list on to a girlfriend and her family that are struggling as well) Thank you. And yes, unfortunetly this is our life at this time....not forever, just for now...I have to believe that. My point in reaching out is that bad things happen to good people all the time....we don't know what struggles each person we meet is facing....a little compassion goes along way...Thank you to all of you for your kind words and encouragement, it means so much to myself and my family at this time...
You are so welcome! I don't want to come off as preachy or a know-it-all but again, I've been where you are except I was living in my car and prior to that stayed in places such as a hall closet in a motel or whatever floor was open to me. What I found is you can't stop fighting and working towards what you want/need.
I've been destitute and even had to steal food to eat for a short period which was not my proudest moment but it taught me what poor is and made me never want to be there again but knowing that if I was ever in that situation again I could still survive.

Take whatever help is offered for as short a period as possible and then get back to work, no matter how small that work is so you retain your self worth and dignity.
Life will get better as long as you don't give up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 01:45 PM

3 posts, read 1,500 times
Thank you Jim. It is amazing what us humans can survive. Your story is inspiring. I have to say not giving in to giving up has been very tough. We are desperate to get my other half back on his feet so that at the very least he can get himself out of bed and take care of his basic needs (found out today that we are looking at a 5 to 6 mos recovery on his next surgery, aaarrgg) As far as treatment for myself, it will have to wait. I don't see any other way. I have to get some money coming in ASAP. I can't tell my daughter (Army River Raiders 306 battalion, so proud) that I lost everything we own...the pressure is astounding, the feeling is desperation and hoplessness....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area