Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 07:57 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,026,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Today is a temporary situation thanks to the remnants of what was once Hurricane Bianca. The official monsoon season, while it starts June 15, may not actually show the afternoon thunderstorm threat, and increased humidity from the normal dry to something still a lot less than they see in the East and Midwest, until a bit later in the summer. There's nothing "new" here.
Oh OK good! I didn't know it was a hurricane, that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 07:17 AM

7,195 posts, read 9,263,398 times
There was a little drizzle this morning. Not enuff to get me wet. Humidity is up right now.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:44 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,978,180 times
Good grief it was sticky this morning. Almost 80 degrees when I left the house, with mid-60 degree dewpoints. I was closing my front door to lock it and already had some mosquitos attack me. This is getting outta control. So I guess this summer we'll get like 2-3 weeks of actual "dry heat" and the rest will be humid again? This frickin blows.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:40 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,621,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Good grief it was sticky this morning. Almost 80 degrees when I left the house, with mid-60 degree dewpoints. I was closing my front door to lock it and already had some mosquitos attack me. This is getting outta control. So I guess this summer we'll get like 2-3 weeks of actual "dry heat" and the rest will be humid again? This frickin blows.
It's Muggy Zona time!

Old 06-10-2015, 09:52 AM

39,108 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
You need to figure out where those mosquitoes are coming from. We had a pool party last night and no one in the fam today has a single bite. That humid heat is great for nights in the pool. You will get your dry air next week it appears. Enjoy it. Monsoon is just around the corner. I, for one, am not looking forward to the scorpnadoes.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:14 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,312,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You need to figure out where those mosquitoes are coming from. We had a pool party last night and no one in the fam today has a single bite.
Exactly. There is standing water someplace that they are breeding in. They don't just materialize.

I was getting bitten a few weeks ago, and saw that my neighbor had a flowerpot that was full of stagnant water. She finally dumped it, and the mosquitoes are gone.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:48 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,507,558 times
This is the first time I remember seeing rain in June since I moved here in 1996.

June and May seem to be the two months were it usually doesn't rain but this year is the exception.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:31 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,026,745 times
A little nicer out yesterday, and today even drier. When the air is dry it has a soft and gentle feel to it, like satin sheets. This is sacred land (and air) here.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:35 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,978,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You need to figure out where those mosquitoes are coming from. We had a pool party last night and no one in the fam today has a single bite. That humid heat is great for nights in the pool. You will get your dry air next week it appears. Enjoy it. Monsoon is just around the corner. I, for one, am not looking forward to the scorpnadoes.
Ive searched high and low the last few years, but cant find any source for them to breed. There is literally no water around us except for the pool.

"Scorpnadoes".... hahahahahha Thats great, Ill have to use that in the future.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:52 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,621,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
A little nicer out yesterday, and today even drier. When the air is dry it has a soft and gentle feel to it, like satin sheets. This is sacred land (and air) here.
Yep! Hard to beat Arizona's dry heat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area