Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 10:01 AM

51,303 posts, read 24,735,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanks1 View Post
Check out Talk of Sun City and ask questions there. The people there are really nice and will answer any questions you have about Sun City.
Is there anything like that for Sun City West?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 10:25 AM

416 posts, read 261,414 times
Sorry ph, there's not. Rancho Estates was built because someone in the Webb organization had horses and wanted to live in Sun City. It was a nice addition for those wanting their horses close. Today it's become a quiet reserve with massive garages for those guys who have a different kind of horse power under roof.

As far as your question in Sun City West, I don't live there, but in Sun City parrots are fine (as long as you aren't raising them as a business). I suspect the same is true in West. I have a friend who has 4 of them and it's a hoot to watch her walking them. Nope, not on leashes, but in a stroller and caged. Sometimes one sits on her shoulder. Way cool.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:18 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,795,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Is there anything like that for Sun City West?
Talk of Sun City has all the different Del Webb communities and forums you can post questions there.

I love parrots. I had a funny farm when my kids were little, over 300 exotic birds and raised mostly African Greys. They can be very loud as you probably know lol. I do think one plus here is that some of the lots in the original SC are very large.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:46 PM

416 posts, read 261,414 times
The other good news regarding noise in Sun City is most of us are stone cold deaf.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:53 PM

51,303 posts, read 24,735,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Talk of Sun City has all the different Del Webb communities and forums you can post questions there.

I love parrots. I had a funny farm when my kids were little, over 300 exotic birds and raised mostly African Greys. They can be very loud as you probably know lol. I do think one plus here is that some of the lots in the original SC are very large.
Hey, that's great! Thank you for that!

Old 07-19-2015, 02:35 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,305,883 times
I joined and already started a thread!
As for the car question, I'm a "polisher". I own a mint as possible survivor car and keep it that way.
HOA is no problem... I already live in one.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:57 PM

404 posts, read 483,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
That's the highest priced home in the community, because it comes with lot's of land. And frankly, it's way over priced. That entire section is some of the most expensive homes in the community, because of the acreage that comes with it. For serious collectors with serious money, it probably doesn't matter.

There's a home two blocks over from us on Brookside on the golf course that is still expensive ($345,000) but has been totally remodeled and has a 4 car garage. The owner had a collector car and worked on it there. They've left the state so I suspect the price may be more negotiable these days. It looks like a Santa Fe adobe and is quite unique.

From a more practical standpoint, the boomers moving to Sun City have found a better, less expensive way to store their toys. They buy homes on corner lots and put a two car garage around back. Typically the yards are fenced and with a nice gate to allow entrance. This gives them 4 car garages, with a double attached to the house and the one out back for their stuff. Not cheap but when you figure you can buy a place for 150k and another 20 to 30 thousand for garage and wall (unless there's one there already) not a bad deal.

Your description of how you want to work in your garage, is well accepted in Sun City. We've had guys do mechanic work on other people's cars and that's problematic. Running a business like that would be in violation of the CC&R's. And SCHOA would be more than happy to answer questions about how to position the garage in your back yard to be in compliance.

The best part is, our amenity package, with 7 rec centers, 8 golf courses, free concerts, 130+ clubs and a lake stocked for fishing would keep you and your wife happy as a clam. Did I mention, the yearly fees are $462 per household? And without a school district, our property taxes are some of the lowest in the state.

Thank you for the information, William. It is very useful to me.

I am aware of the rec centers, it's part of the attraction of a community the size of Sun City, lots of activities. Love the tax rate, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanks1 View Post
Check out Talk of Sun City and ask questions there. The people there are really nice and will answer any questions you have about Sun City.
I was unaware of this forum. I had found one for The Villages in FL but not this, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeEveryone View Post
Here is a link to the Vintage Vehicle Club of Sun City. They are a great group of folks (women and men), and you don't have to own a classic or vintage vehicle to join.

Vintage Vehicle Club of Sun City « Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc RECREATION CENTERS OF SUN CITY AZ
I'd seen this club but it's nice to know that's a good group. I really can't wait to take a trip out there and explore Sun City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
The other good news regarding noise in Sun City is most of us are stone cold deaf.
Ha, I'll fit right in.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I joined and already started a thread!
As for the car question, I'm a "polisher". I own a mint as possible survivor car and keep it that way.
HOA is no problem... I already live in one.
Not a thing wrong with that, either. What car do you own?

Old 07-20-2015, 10:59 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,305,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan57 View Post
Not a thing wrong with that, either. What car do you own?
I own a 1989 Merkur XR4Ti.
It won the Merkur Club of America's Merkur Preservation Award in 2014.
Original Merkurs are very rare. Most got mods, blew up or got junked due to lack of parts availability.
Thanks to the internet, it's far easier to get parts now than it was 15 years ago.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:55 PM

I remember those and I think you're right, I don't see many of them around, either. Congrats on the award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area