Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2015, 07:46 AM

9 posts, read 7,921 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about Agave Court Apartments? It looks like its in downtown area of Phoenix. My fiance and I are about to move to the area but have never visited. Does anyone know how the area is and/or apartments are? I read a ton of good reviews so I'm hoping it will at least be tolerable for the first apartment there. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 01:07 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,745,327 times
The neighborhood could be described as sketchy. I'm not familiar with the complex. Handy to light rail, there is a planned 90-unit condo project a few blocks away at 16th St and Washington. Being on 18th St, this is not really downtown, which is usually defined as between 7th Ave and 7th St.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:42 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
It's not an area where there is anything to walk to. I would want to be closer to downtown than 18th St, or further north. If the reviews are good, it's a good sign, but it depends on what you are looking for. The fact that you are moving here without having EVER visited makes it tough. Where are you working, and generally, what's your budget?

Old 09-05-2015, 01:54 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,452,729 times
They are really nice apartments that you get for a excellent price; the downside is that outside of the gated apartments you will find yourself in a relatively poor area with more transients and drug/gang activity than you would find 1 mile west of there.

Having said that, I live right up the street from there with my family and we love living so close to downtown and having so many amenities nearby. And we have never had any crime/safety issues while living here.

EDIT: The new apartments that pbenjamin is talking about is actually on 12th St & Washington (right next to the lightrail stop) and I agree that would be a much nicer place to live. It's still in construction though and it would be considerably more expensive.

Last edited by WSPHXPELON; 09-05-2015 at 02:07 PM..

Old 09-05-2015, 03:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,745,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
EDIT: The new apartments that pbenjamin is talking about is actually on 12th St & Washington (right next to the lightrail stop) and I agree that would be a much nicer place to live. It's still in construction though and it would be considerably more expensive.
You're right, got my cross streets mixed. Details on the project here. I was bringing it up to show that the area was on the upswing.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:40 AM

9 posts, read 7,921 times
I appreciate the comments guys. We got the apartment at agave now which I'm fine with. I know the area looks a tad rough but from what I've read there isn't much theft or anything negative about the complex. I did a Google Earth drive around too. I'm so pumped to get out there! I work at rent a center right now but will be searching elsewhere for another career path. I basically wanted a place centrally located so it will be easy to drive anywhere in the valley. Can't wait guys! City life here we come!

Old 09-10-2015, 10:07 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,452,729 times
I think you made a good choice for starting out here in Phoenix. You can check out La Frontera mexican food truck that they park on 16th St & Monroe, you closest supermarket will be the Ranch Market on 16th St & Roosevelt. Check out Cityscape downtown on Central & Washington for a variety of restraunts and bars, plus they have a gym there (EOS Fitness) for $20/month. Feel free to ask any further questions, i have been living close to this area for about 5 years... And welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 09-10-2015, 11:18 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,956 times
The Ranch Market is a fun place to shop, unlike any other type of grocery store you'll go into in Phoenix. Great place to get a tres leches cake and if I recall correctly they even make/serve food there in the store as well. Definitely worth stopping in to check it out although I have never shopped there for all my groceries, just for specialty stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area