Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 05:43 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,753,671 times

Advertisements

Most of the Community Colleges have Fitness Centers. We have been going to the Fitness Center at Phoenix College for some time. The spring semester starts January 19 and runs to May 28. Non-credit enrollment includes unlimited use of the facilities and costs $125 for the semester ($80 for Seniors 62 and up).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 11:17 PM

13,354 posts, read 7,385,078 times
I go to Planet Fitness about 5 nights a week their $10 a month is kind of misleading because they hit you with a $45 fee once a year, but still cheap for what you get. Mine has group training for free personalized training for a fee. I go later at night when it's empty and can use any of the machines. I don't need any of the training, so I never use it.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:51 AM

2,292 posts, read 3,094,458 times
I'm an EOS member (since it was Gold's before) and it's a good place. They haven't changed it much at all from when it was Gold's. Prices are the same and they have the same equipment and classes, so really it seems like it was more just a branding change. They have all the equipment I need (and I do 90% free weights/strength and 10% cardio and stretching) and they are open 24/7 except for a few holidays. They have a few locations in the east valley but I generally always go to the one near Elliot and I-10. Others I know of are one in north Scottsdale and one in south Mesa, plus one in the west valley in Peoria.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:18 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,418,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
I'm an EOS member (since it was Gold's before) and it's a good place. They haven't changed it much at all from when it was Gold's. Prices are the same and they have the same equipment and classes, so really it seems like it was more just a branding change. They have all the equipment I need (and I do 90% free weights/strength and 10% cardio and stretching) and they are open 24/7 except for a few holidays. They have a few locations in the east valley but I generally always go to the one near Elliot and I-10. Others I know of are one in north Scottsdale and one in south Mesa, plus one in the west valley in Peoria.
So a girl who's not a lifter would do ok at EOS? I'm more of a stretching (deep stretching, not yoga stuff) and fitness classes kind of person. I may want to eventually get into more strength equipment down the raod though so I'd like that option.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:56 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,961,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post

Detroit-I won't be living in scottsdale but do other cities nearby do city gyms?? that may be just what I need. tofu smoothies sound gross lol.
Gilbert has a city gym, Freestone Rec Center. They have group classes and an indoor running track. It's more expensive than $99 a year though.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:58 PM

2,292 posts, read 3,094,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
So a girl who's not a lifter would do ok at EOS? I'm more of a stretching (deep stretching, not yoga stuff) and fitness classes kind of person. I may want to eventually get into more strength equipment down the raod though so I'd like that option.
There is plenty of area for stretching and lots of cardio equipment if that is your thing. They also do have classes, including yoga, zumba, cardio kickboxing, etc, at least at the location I go to.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:22 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,362,044 times
I just left Eos. Yes, $10/mo, but they get you for $45 or $50 maint. fees twice a year too. So that averages out to about $18/mo. I went to Mountainside, which is double the money, but 1/3 the distance from my house. The money I save in gas, even on my motorcycle, more than pays that differential. And it's a killer gym, all new and not too crowded.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:20 PM

163 posts, read 207,374 times
Lifetime Fitness costs twice what you're looking to pay BUT all of the classes are included in the monthly rate.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:26 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,012,209 times
Independence gym is good (in Scottsdale). I doubt it's under $30/month, but it's no nonsense, as far as I know no initiation fees or anything like that. It's a bodybuilding atmosphere, which means multiple power racks, which is good. Not sure if they have classes though. I think I paid $20 for a week pass when I was in town, so I'm guessing the monthly fee would be $40-50ish.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:04 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,418,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbiz View Post
Lifetime Fitness costs twice what you're looking to pay BUT all of the classes are included in the monthly rate.

I looked them up and I saw some classes in the class list that have a cost. Was I reading it wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area