Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 02:36 PM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
C'mon now.....one lousy season and everyone in AZ is throwing in the towel. A decent draft, some solid offseason FA pickups and this team is back in the mix.

Sincerely,

A Lions' fan.......
Gotta agree here. The Cards were picked by everyone to be a contender this year because they have a lot of talent and a good front office. They did not play up to their billing for a number of reasons, but they are still a decent shot for next year with a little work and some early season humility. Let's see what management does in retaining key players and filling gaps before we put them in with the Lions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 07:33 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,507,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Take this with a grain of salt with Fitz being signed through 2017 then coming out with this comment. This can be interpreted a few ways but I don't blame him for wanting to get on a winning team and complete his career with a SB ring. But the thought of Fitz in another teams jersey.

Larry Fitzgerald hints at playing elsewhere in 2017 | ProFootballTalk
He's probably going to retire if he leaves the team. Larry Fitzgerald: "Uncertain" Of 2017

It would be shameful to see him go, he's really not that old but he has been playing with the Cardinals for twelve years. His tenure has to end sometime.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:41 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,238,953 times
The video of Floyd sleeping behind the wheel is disturbing. I though he was barely over the limit but he looks out of it.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:54 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Larry is a pretty classy guy, I really don't think he would Lebron us.

Cardinals could have as much of a chance at a super bowl next year as anyone. Same time last year what team would you have chose in 2016 (the cardinals were one of them)

You would not have chosen the Patriots (Brady Suspension) or would have been foolish to go to the cowboys with no Romo. You would have chose the Panthers, Cardinals, Broncos, etc....
How would that have turned out for you?
I don't blame Larry if he left. The Cardinals have a chance next year but based on what we saw from the front office this past offseason, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in this team. This is the same front office that has retained a kicker who has personally cost 3-4 games this season missing extra points and field goals less than 30 yards.

Love how fans hold players accountable but not teams. Let's blame Larry if he leaves but not the front office for being cheap and not resigning players like Dwight Freeney and Rashad Johnson, guys who were not looking for a fat payday but just wanted to win. LeBron had every right to leave Cleveland the first time. They did nothing to surround him with supporting talent. Cleveland learned their lesson and paid to sign free agents to support LeBron the second time.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:59 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
He's probably going to retire if he leaves the team. Larry Fitzgerald: "Uncertain" Of 2017

It would be shameful to see him go, he's really not that old but he has been playing with the Cardinals for twelve years. His tenure has to end sometime.
If I was the owner of a team and my best player hinted at leaving for a contender, I would be motivated to improve our team to entice our best players to stay. Losing organizations and individuals lament those players and become defensive. Winning organizations rise to the challenge and overcome it.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:25 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,960,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I don't blame Larry if he left. The Cardinals have a chance next year but based on what we saw from the front office this past offseason, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in this team. This is the same front office that has retained a kicker who has personally cost 3-4 games this season missing extra points and field goals less than 30 yards.

Love how fans hold players accountable but not teams. Let's blame Larry if he leaves but not the front office for being cheap and not resigning players like Dwight Freeney and Rashad Johnson, guys who were not looking for a fat payday but just wanted to win. LeBron had every right to leave Cleveland the first time. They did nothing to surround him with supporting talent. Cleveland learned their lesson and paid to sign free agents to support LeBron the second time.
A lot of people who don't understand football love to trash Palmer and Chandler.
Our kicker has has had 4 different holders this season, the kicker-holder relationship is huge. If Chandler was a rookie, cut him, but he has done well in the past I don't think its all on him.

You can put any quarterback behind that o-line and they will fail. Palmer has shown when he has time, he can still do it.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:41 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
The video of Floyd sleeping behind the wheel is disturbing. I though he was barely over the limit but he looks out of it.
NOTE...None of this has been confirmed yet but I heard that MF has been taking some blood thinner meds. He was said to only have had 2 glasses of wine on the team plane back from Miami. That with playing all day along with changing 2 times zones is what "supposedly" caused him to pass out. It was said he was on his way to the airport to pick up his nephew and passed out at the light. Yes,he should've been smart enough to realize this and NO I'm not sticking up for him in any way. The BAC won't be available for 3-4 weeks but if any of this is true it looks like management used him as a scapegoat. Maybe that's why Larry's pissed off? I'm curious to see if his BAC comes back under the legal limit what management is going to say.

Quote:
A lot of people who don't understand football love to trash Palmer and Chandler.
Our kicker has has had 4 different holders this season, the kicker-holder relationship is huge. If Chandler was a rookie, cut him, but he has done well in the past I don't think its all on him.

You can put any quarterback behind that o-line and they will fail. Palmer has shown when he has time, he can still do it.

I agree with this but one thing I notice last week. Our new punter when he was with Atlanta was kicking an average of 58 yards and his first game with us his first punt was 36 yards. Sure he never played in the NFL before the Atlanta game but are we supposed to believe those couple of punts were a fluke and now he's here and he's kicking exactly like Butler? This looks like another Amos Jones failure.

Punting: DEAD LAST 1 of only 3 teams in NFL with being blocked on a punt.

FG/XP: 2nd to dead last! Only the Bucs are worst.

Kickoff: 27th 1 of 5 teams that has let a guy return a kick for TD

Returns: middle of the pack at 16th place

Last edited by AzScorpion12; 12-21-2016 at 12:53 PM..

Old 12-21-2016, 12:54 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,960,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
NOTE...None of this has been confirmed yet but I heard that MF has been taking some blood thinner meds. He was said to only have had 2 glasses of wine on the team plane back from Miami. That with playing all day along with changing 2 times zones is what "supposedly" caused him to pass out. It was said he was on his way to the airport to pick up his nephew and passed out at the light. Yes,he should've been smart enough to realize this and NO I'm not sticking up for him in any way. The BAC won't be available for 3-4 weeks but if any of this is true it looks like management used him as a scapegoat. Maybe that's why Larry's pissed off? I'm curious to see if his BAC comes back under the legal limit what management is going to say.
BAC has already been released - close to 3X the legal limit - mandatory 45 days in jail

And I wasn't defending special teams or punting - Just Chandler and Palmer. The punter sucks and got cut and they keep switching around special teams. Need to get a new special teams coach.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:18 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,736,527 times
I have not been a Palmer fan nor do I believe he can take the team to a Superbowl. However, I give him credit for his toughness to stand in there and fight considering the beating he took this year. I am still a Cards fan, but am disappointed that the front office refuses to share any of the blame for this disastrous season. It is NOT, I repeat, it IS NOT all on the players. I am already over the Michael Floyd incident and hate that local sports media is fixated on it. He messed up and will have to answer for it in court. That doesn't change the fact that we have a bad team on our hands that will finish below .500. First things first.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:07 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
Quote:
BAC has already been released - close to 3X the legal limit - mandatory 45 days in jail

And I wasn't defending special teams or punting - Just Chandler and Palmer. The punter sucks and got cut and they keep switching around special teams. Need to get a new special teams coach.
I hadn't seen the video until now and just read about the BAC....So much for the blood thinner med story,he's screwed!...lol

I knew you weren't defending the ST I was just thinking of how bad they are. Now we bring in a new punter and he seems like he's already regressed in only 2 weeks. Makes me wonder WTF AJ is doing with them??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area