Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 08:30 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
BA may not want to fire Jones but I'm interested to see if ownership/SK insist on any coaching changes in the offseason, or if BA rebuffs any attempts to change his staff. If so, I think he'll win the power struggle this time, given his great track record, but when teams lose, conflicts arise and I can't imagine how Amos Jones is not going to be a topic of discussion this offseason.
Or you have to wonder if BA is going to Michael Bidwill and insisting the front office bring in more talent to address deficiencies. That was clearly not done last offseason. If anything, the front office made things worse. Chandler Jones was really the only addition, but they lost a lot of players and drafted poorly. We really can't have another bad draft like we did last season. Steve Keim's draft picks are highly questionable at times. For example, he drafted Brandon Williams in the third round. Williams had one year playing the cornerback position at Texas AM. Prior to that, he was a running back at Oklahoma who couldn't produce over there. Williams was not projected to go in the third round. Keim drafted him for his athleticism and size, not his corner skills. Not only did they reach for him, they made him our starter. In the first game, Williams gave up two touchdowns based on blown coverage. They had to trade for Marcus Cooper to fill the position. You really have to question what SK was thinking there.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 12-16-2016 at 08:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 11:04 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
I do agree that SK drafting has been more than questionable these past few years but to me a lot of these problems look like a result of BA's stubbornness. Take the All or Nothing series where he says that he doesn't know why NFL coaches stay up all night and spend countless hours looking at films "Because it ain't all that difficult". Well when you look at teams like New England and Seattle,like them or not they're very well coached and it shows. Our first game this year against the Pats was the first clue,no Brady,no Gronk and a few more key linemen were out and we couldn't take advantage of it. BB had his team ready and all their coaches DID THIER JOB getting the players ready for 4 games without Brady where they went 3-1.

Our players have looked lost all year right from the first pre season game up until this past weekends Miami game. Whether it's running wrong routes,blown coverages in the secondary to **** poor pass protection on the O line this all stems back to lack of coaching along with very poor draft choices. In defense of Bethel he was never intended to play CB,which he got stuck with because of injuries, his main purpose was special teams (which he's very good at it). Yet they never looked for a viable replacement (SK fault) for him and stuck him there to constantly get burned. This to me falls back on all our coaching staff. Failure to see the obvious that everyone else saw. Tiki Barbara was very vocal during the Miami game and even called out our ST coach more than once which I loved. Then every post game press conference we here BA say "we had a good practice this week we just need to execute better on game day".

Here's a great quote from Edelman which shows how hard New England's coaches work and strive for perfection.

Quote:
Edelman acknowledged the Patriots offense can be a difficult one to grasp, but he said the support system in place should allow Floyd to get up to speed as quickly as possible.

"It's a complex offense," Edelman said. "It's definitely has its challenging moments, but we got a coaching staff that works their tail off to help guys be able to retain it and play to their strengths so that's what you bank on."

This is why they've won the Super Bowl 4 times,six conference titles and 13 division crowns all since BB took over in 2000. Sorry BA but maybe it is a little more difficult than you think!

Old 12-16-2016, 11:20 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,082,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
One thing no one is talking about is how this sudden decision affected the team. Listened to an interview with the Honey Badger and read a quote by Fitzgerald and the players aren't too happy about it. Arians and Keim have botched things this year big time, but they weren't fired. I sense the real issue for the poor play this year was chemistry, not ability. This move may have future negative repercussions for this team that will have 22 free agents once the season ends. In the meantime, Floyd should send Arians and crew a Christmas card for the "gift" of being cut from a floundering organization and being picked up by one that knows how to win.

Finally, as long as Arians insists on trying to make Palmer into something he is not there will be no ring. Fitzgerald should recommend a trade to a team that will give him a chance to play for a Superbowl ring before he retires. It won't happen here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Those interviews/comments were really telling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
100% agree.

Mike Jurecki ✔@mikejurecki
Larry Fitzgerald on Michael Floyd release: “I can’t give you my true feelings because people might get upset. Mike is like my brother."
1:55 PM - 15 Dec 2016

I'm all for sending a message but if you're going to call out a player (Bethel) then dump MF you need to do the same for the coaches....Fires Amos Jones,get a good OC and let BA just coach. His play calling is more than questionable at times.
SLOW YOUR ROLL...

YOU ARE ASSUMING what FITZ meant.

For all you know, Fitz's comment could have been; "I can't give you my true feelings because people might get upset, but he is a grown man and should have known better. You are under a spotlight in the NFL, and need to act accordingly. When you screw up, you suffer the consequences."... That certainly would have upset people on his team.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:28 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,736,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
SLOW YOUR ROLL...

YOU ARE ASSUMING what FITZ meant.

For all you know, Fitz's comment could have been; "I can't give you my true feelings because people might get upset, but he is a grown man and should have known better. You are under a spotlight in the NFL, and need to act accordingly. When you screw up, you suffer the consequences."... That certainly would have upset people on his team.
Uhhh, you probably missed the portion where Fitz said he supported Floyd!????

Old 12-16-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Uhhh, you probably missed the portion where Fitz said he supported Floyd!????
No, I saw what he said. He left it open-ended either way. Telling someone a cold hard truth doesn't mean you aren't supporting them. It just means you aren't babying them or giving them what they want to hear. We're talking about professional football players, don't expect them to cry on each others' shoulders because things don't go well.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
No, I saw what he said. He left it open-ended either way. Telling someone a cold hard truth doesn't mean you aren't supporting them. It just means you aren't babying them or giving them what they want to hear. We're talking about professional football players, don't expect them to cry on each others' shoulders because things don't go well.

So according to this and your previous posts one would assume Fitz would have no problem calling out MF and showing him some "tough love" then? Why sugar coat it at all,Fitz could've just said " Mike is my bother but you messed up big time bro".

He was clearly talking about management but being the class act that he is he said it as graceful as he could. Nice negative spin though.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
So according to this and your previous posts one would assume Fitz would have no problem calling out MF and showing him some "tough love" then? Why sugar coat it at all,Fitz could've just said " Mike is my bother but you messed up big time bro".

He was clearly talking about management but being the class act that he is he said it as graceful as he could. Nice negative spin though.
No, that's another assumption you are making. Not only is it a REALLY BAD TIME for the cardinals, (and in general this does take a little bit of the spotlight off them, RIGHT NOW), but Floyd was already gone. Nothing Fitz said would bring him back. WHY cause further drama for not only the team but yourself by saying one of your teammates deserves it?

I'm not saying that's what he meant, I'm just saying you, nor I know what he was really talking about.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
No, that's another assumption you are making. Not only is it a REALLY BAD TIME for the cardinals, (and in general this does take a little bit of the spotlight off them, RIGHT NOW), but Floyd was already gone. Nothing Fitz said would bring him back. WHY cause further drama for not only the team but yourself by saying one of your teammates deserves it?

I'm not saying that's what he meant, I'm just saying you, nor I know what he was really talking about.
Maybe I'm confused but you were saying Fitz wasn't calling out management he was calling out MF. What goolzbyjazz and I were saying is that he was calling out management with that comment. You're right that nothing Fitz can say would bring him back but it's been noted several times from several different people that the majority of the players were not happy with this decision. It's done and over with and I hope MF the best. If he finishes this year well in New England and doesn't have Edward Scissor hands catching balls we'll all know it was our coaches here who dropped the ball (pun intended) this whole year.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Maybe I'm confused but you were saying Fitz wasn't calling out management he was calling out MF. What goolzbyjazz and I were saying is that he was calling out management with that comment. You're right that nothing Fitz can say would bring him back but it's been noted several times from several different people that the majority of the players were not happy with this decision. It's done and over with and I hope MF the best. If he finishes this year well in New England and doesn't have Edward Scissor hands catching balls we'll all know it was our coaches here who dropped the ball (pun intended) this whole year.
Of course they weren't happy. He was going to be a free agent at the end of the year anyways, (not sure how much that plays into it, or supposedly that they saved 1.2million by cutting him early). IMO it shows a complete lack of loyalty by the cardinals organization. He has a mediocre year, does ONE really stupid thing, (for a reason they ALL UNDERSTAND (being out of the playoffs)), and they canned him the next day. Really doesn't inspire the feeling of job security, or team spirit. Its a punch in the gut that you are a contracted work horse, even if you're a first round starter.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I really want to tell you off so bad that I would get banned from here permanently. He gets his second DUI for being so drunk that he passes out at a light and you want to direct that at ANYONE ELSE BUT HIM.. and then try to turn the blame on someone else because you don't think they understand..

YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFEND HIM... Where's the giant middle finger emoji? He IS A GROWN A$$ MAN. His "problem" is that he drinks and drives.. Its not toe fungus, its a choice he made. His problem is that he made a stupid choice. He has the money and time to get help whenever he wants, and most people don't get an offseason from their jobs to take care of it. Don't put that blame on anyone but him, and certainly not me because you don't think I understand he has problems. Clearly you have some bias and want to pamper him because he plays for your hometown football team. Id rather not have my home team paying an absurd wage so he can drive around drunk risking the lives of people.
Quote:
Of course they weren't happy. He was going to be a free agent at the end of the year anyways, (not sure how much that plays into it, or supposedly that they saved 1.2million by cutting him early). IMO it shows a complete lack of loyalty by the cardinals organization. He has a mediocre year, does ONE really stupid thing, (for a reason they ALL UNDERSTAND (being out of the playoffs)), and they canned him the next day. Really doesn't inspire the feeling of job security, or team spirit. Its a punch in the gut that you are a contracted work horse, even if you're a first round starter.

Ok now I'm super confused.

You tore into me when I thought the Cards should've kept him and try to help him out now you're saying the organization showed a complete lack of loyalty by canning him?

You exact words were " He IS A GROWN A$$ MAN. His "problem" is that he drinks and drives.. Its not toe fungus, its a choice he made. His problem is that he made a stupid choice. He has the money and time to get help whenever he wants, and most people don't get an offseason from their jobs to take care of it. Don't put that blame on anyone but him, and certainly not me".

So it looks like now we were on the same page after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area