Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 08:23 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,736,527 times

Advertisements

Gotta give them credit for a good win. They finally beat a team with a winning record. Whoops, forgot Tampa Bay also has a winning record now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 10:29 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,960,760 times
Felt like they actually tried this week. No dropped passes. Bruce took a lot of big gambles that paid off well. One news channel was saying this might be BA's last season ( health reasons) .... If he goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fitz and Palmer call it quits to - so enjoy the wins now

Going to the east coast next week - cards don't do well on east coast time.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:41 AM

233 posts, read 258,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Felt like they actually tried this week. No dropped passes. Bruce took a lot of big gambles that paid off well. One news channel was saying this might be BA's last season ( health reasons) .... If he goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fitz and Palmer call it quits to - so enjoy the wins now

Going to the east coast next week - cards don't do well on east coast time.
If Arians does retire, Harold Goodwin would probably take over. Arians has been grooming him the last few years. I think Palmer and Fitz would stick around in that case. I wouldn't mind getting Bowles back if he gets fired in NY.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:13 PM

594 posts, read 700,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I saw the opposite. They played with no fear. They didn't care. They were relaxed. They assumed the season was over. They finally were able to play comfortably. They still make mistakes especially on defense but Carson Palmer played well and the offensive line did a good job overall.
^^^^^ I'm sure you did.
Playing laxidasical and without a sense of urgency has the Cardinals in the position there in now and that's needing help from other teams to make the playoffs.
Tell you what, here are examples of OTHER teams playing desperate that beat the Cardinals....The Patriots were without ALL of their stars and on the road.
The BILLS were in danger of going 1 and 5 I believe.
Atlanta and Vikings were in danger of losing 4 games in a row.
4th and 1 on your 35 yard line with a 1 point lead and 2 minutes left constitutes as desperate to me.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:44 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Looked better but in for my weekly WTH is Butler still on this team . . .

Maybe some good news after all,we signed Matt Wile to the practice squad. He was with Atlanta and punted against us in that game averaging 58 yards (2 punts). I don't think Butler got 58 yards even if you totaled all his punts together! Only reason he was let go was their starting punter was injured. While not the best punter out there anyone's better than Butler.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/201...nter-matt-wile

Old 12-07-2016, 07:11 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,369,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Maybe some good news after all,we signed Matt Wile to the practice squad. He was with Atlanta and punted against us in that game averaging 58 yards (2 punts). I don't think Butler got 58 yards even if you totaled all his punts together! Only reason he was let go was their starting punter was injured. While not the best punter out there anyone's better than Butler.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/201...nter-matt-wile
When I saw him punt against us, I thought, "This kid was on the street? Why didn't we sign him instead of Butler or Quigley?" Maybe there's some reason he hasn't stuck with a team -- maybe he shanks too many kicks or is a bad holder or something -- but at this point I'm willing to roll the dice because he looked awfully good in that Falcons game. The leg strength is for real -- one of his punts was 4.6 or 4.7 hang time, which is pretty good for an unemployed punter, and all his kickoffs were touchbacks. But, the Falcons' regular punter is one of the best in the league so they didn't need to hold on to Wile, and that's good news for us if they ever actually put him in a Cardinals uniform.

I really hope their plan is to test him out in practice, make sure he can hold well and all that, and then elevate him to the active roster in time for this week's game. Part of me fears they will play it safe and give Butler another game (or more) to suddenly transmogrify into an above-average NFL punter.

The problem with waiting too is any team could sign him off our practice squad if they're willing to put him on their active roster, so if some punter on another gets hurt, you might lose him.

It's funny, I was listening to Burns and Gambo yesterday and they said "The Cards made a move at punter, but it might not be the one you're hoping for" ... I swear I thought, "Oh my goodness, did they sign Drew Butler to an extension?" At this point nothing would surprise me with the Cards and Butler. Burns had a funny bit about how Butler is like that one guy in your office who no one can figure out how he's never gotten fired and is still working there after all these years.

Last edited by ScottsdaleMark; 12-07-2016 at 07:22 AM..

Old 12-08-2016, 08:33 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,736,527 times
The Cardinals bring a 1-4 road record to Miami. This team has not played well on the road and one would hope they finally may have turned that proverbial "corner" (albeit a bit too late!) and will play better in South Florida. They will need to play a complete game to beat Miami, which is coming off a thorough beat down by the Ravens last week.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:02 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,960,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
The Cardinals bring a 1-4 road record to Miami. This team has not played well on the road and one would hope they finally may have turned that proverbial "corner" (albeit a bit too late!) and will play better in South Florida. They will need to play a complete game to beat Miami, which is coming off a thorough beat down by the Ravens last week.
Early, east coast games the Cards usually don't show up until half time. If Cards can stop the run, they win the game.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:33 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,238,953 times
Oh boy, more of the same.

At least Palmer leads the league in fumbles, something to brag about. Special teams sucks.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:36 PM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Six points lost by Butler and Catanzaro not counting the lousy punting. Catanzaro lost three games for us this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area