Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

The big question that comes to mind, is, if this person is proved innocent, then why didn't the real shooter(s) (I actually believe it was a lone wolf type) continue with the terror?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 09:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The big question that comes to mind, is, if this person is proved innocent, then why didn't the real shooter(s) (I actually believe it was a lone wolf type) continue with the terror?
Too much heat and a perfect patsy presented an opportunity to walk away without being caught. The perfect crime as it were.
Now that so much time has gone by if this guy isn't the one the real perp will most likely go free. This case will soon drop from the news (again) and everyone will forget all about some freeway shooter until it happens again.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:19 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
"Lawsuits will be plenty, they will." - Yoda

Old 04-20-2016, 04:02 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Confirmation bias. One shot after Ducey tweeted "we got him" would have unleashed a colossal ----storm of law enforcement activity. But stopping immediately when another suspect was arrested, would just confirm the incorrect assumption that the suspect was the right person, further diminishing the investigation, and therefore the likelihood of the person behind it being caught.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
"Lawsuits will be plenty, they will." - Yoda
Already started. 10 million against the Gov and a few hundred thousand if I remember it right against the D.A..

The way the news explained it tonight he'll probably get every penny. If reports are to be believed there's no longer eye witnesses (if there ever were) there's no other physical evidence and the ballistics fell apart.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:29 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Already started. 10 million against the Gov and a few hundred thousand if I remember it right against the D.A..

The way the news explained it tonight he'll probably get every penny. If reports are to be believed there's no longer eye witnesses (if there ever were) there's no other physical evidence and the ballistics fell apart.
Fortunately you can't sue a state, however he can sue the Governors office, the DA and DPS. This guy just hit the lottery courtesy of the water heads in charge.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:39 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,501,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Fortunately you can't sue a state, however he can sue the Governors office, the DA and DPS. This guy just hit the lottery courtesy of the water heads in charge.
He should get every penny if he's cleared of all charges.

A lesson should be learned from this, there's a hefty price to pay for wrongful convictions and ruining an innocent person's life.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
He should get every penny if he's cleared of all charges.

A lesson should be learned from this, there's a hefty price to pay for wrongful convictions and ruining an innocent person's life.
It's easy to not care when it's not YOUR money on the line.
All they had to do was look up what happened in Atlanta years ago with respect to the Olympic Park bombing and the poor guy that was falsely accused.

Last edited by jimj; 04-21-2016 at 08:04 AM..

Old 04-21-2016, 08:32 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:

I do not condone sueing anyone, except for cases like this. When undeserved jail time is given, and your name is forever tarnished, I have no issues with lawsuits against the prosecutors.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:34 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
It's easy to not care when it's not YOUR money on the line.
All they had to do was look up what happened in Atlanta years ago with respect to the Olympic Park bombing and the poor guy that was falsely accused.
In any given year, a number of them publicized, some poor ******* spends 5-10-20 years in prison, and he's cleared by DNA evidence!

Oh, the laughter that was generated with the prison guards all those years!

"Honest to God, I didn't do it! I didn't do it! I'm innocent!"

"Yup, that's what they all say!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area