Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Phoenix will be targeted by Islamic terrorists?
Yes 11 42.31%
No 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 12:34 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,946,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
I will not hesitate to pull out my gun, plus I also refuse to capitalize islam.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:49 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I think that Phoenix would be the last place islamic radical terrorists will attack because we have so many citizens who carry firearms, thanks to AZ gun laws. I feel safe knowing there are thousands of my fellow AZ citizens close by with guns to stop an islamic terrorist attack.
You would be wrong in your assumption. A quick Google search reveals your city is on ISIS's kill list.

ISIS releases 'Kill List'; Seven Texas cities included - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

I am not familiar with Phoenix night clubs, but I am willing to bet that most, if not all, do not allow and search for weapons like they do here in Las Vegas. I mean no disrespect, but you really have a false sense of security. I am pro 2nd ammendment, but I do not feel that guns are the end all regarding security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
I carry myself but the gun rhetoric on these forums is ridiculous. Look at Chris Simcox and that Minutemen BP scam masquerading as gun toting heroes all about protecting borders while scamming and pocketing millions. With simcox convicted of child molestation and several of his cronies murdering innocent people...I find gun toting tough guys annoying when not in the face of adversity.As they say...those with the loudest roar.... I am more leery of the silent types who don't show their hand. That is exactly what ISIS is about.
I agree with this.

Last edited by Katie the heartbreaker; 06-14-2016 at 01:02 AM..

Old 06-14-2016, 12:59 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,716,722 times
I carry myself but the gun rhetoric on these forums is ridiculous. Look at Chris Simcox and that Minutemen BP scam masquerading as gun toting heroes all about protecting borders while scamming and pocketing millions. With simcox convicted of child molestation and several of his cronies murdering innocent people...I find gun toting tough guys annoying when not in the face of adversity.As they say...those with the loudest roar.... I am more leery of the silent types who don't show their hand. That is exactly what ISIS is about.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:26 AM

394 posts, read 343,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
I will not hesitate to pull out my gun, plus I also refuse to capitalize islam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
I can't speak for the others - but my concern is defense of myself and loved ones... Most that I know aren't interested in playing hero, they are like many of us - not willing to wait for big brother to save us when SHTF.

I'm a porcupine, I don't carry to protect you - here's a great article that sums it up well: We Don

Old 06-14-2016, 07:18 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,901,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Not voting on this. There's no way for us to know, plus guessing either way is creepy.
Agree, but it sure is an excellent way to advance one's political agenda.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:35 AM

1,292 posts, read 3,475,437 times
I went to a DBax game this weekend and found they are now using metal detectors and wands on everyone entering. They weren't doing that last season. This was just before the Orlando shooting. They were doing the same at the Rattlers game as well.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:53 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
What is sad is this should not be a political polarizing event. People need to think less about their preferred sports team (Democrat, Republican) and more on common sense policies. The truth is there needs to be BOTH policies favored by Democrats and Republicans. We need more sensible gun laws and background checks favored by Democrats. But we also need heightened surveillance and immigration laws favored by Republicans. Both policies will protect Americans and make it safer for all of us. It makes me upset when you see this political bickering. They act like it's an either/or situation.

For example, in this situation, Omar should not have been removed from the FBI watch list. That is something Republicans favor. AND, anyone including Omar should have went through an exhaustive background search that includes anyone on the FBI watch list and the AR15 should not have been sold to him which is something Democrats favor. And once Omar tried to buy an AR15, that should have been alerted to the FBI as well.

Instead, we have foolish bickering and political pontification where we have childish and petty Democrat vs Republican. People need to wake up and stop being manipulated like puppets by either party and make up your own mind. There are ideas from both parties that make a lot of sense.

But regarding the OP's question, I do not think our aggressive gun laws make us safer. Rather, I think it makes us more vulnerable. Because any nut case can buy an AR 15 and walk into a theater or a mall and just kill people because he is depressed or lost his job etc. I would rather these AR 15 not be sold or if they are going to be sold, people have to go through an exhaustive background search.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 06-14-2016 at 09:08 AM..

Old 06-14-2016, 09:12 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Sooner or later the scumbags in ISIS will target us. Its inevitable. All we can do is stand strong and resilient and fight em.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:12 AM

394 posts, read 343,108 times
^^^ (response to two posts above)

with all due respect - more gun laws mean absolutely nothing.

As far as I know, cocain and heroine are illegal - yet anyone that wants it can (and does) get it. If magically all firearms dissappeared in the US, it would not stop criminals or terrorist from getting them. Anyone that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves with the "sensible gun laws" mantra.

Let me be clear, current laws need to be acted upon (and yes, that entails DOJ, DHS, TSA, FBI getting their chit together) and use existing laws/resources to make a difference. Adding more restrictions and BS to the myriad of existing laws is nothing more than fluff to make the emotional reactions feel better.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:32 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,139,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
I went to a DBax game this weekend and found they are now using metal detectors and wands on everyone entering. They weren't doing that last season. This was just before the Orlando shooting. They were doing the same at the Rattlers game as well.
They've been doing this since April 3, 2015.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...abrk/25245067/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: