Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:24 PM

27 posts, read 31,053 times

Advertisements

So I was just seeing what the general feelings are toward this area of town. How do you guys feel about the real estate within Arrowhead Ranch? Just on my block alone there is at least six houses for sale. Do you think there is any factors driving people out or is it just the economy right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 PM

88 posts, read 309,085 times
I've sold a few houses at Arrowhead ranch. A very desireable neighborhood. The area probably holds it's own considering current market values.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:10 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,177,626 times
I love Arrowhead Ranch. I live just a couple of miles from there. Do a search on here and you will see that people really like the area. It is recommended a lot.

I think it's just the way it is out here to have homes for sale. Some could be the economy, but there are always many reasons why people sell. I know there are many that are downsizing during their retirement years, while others may be upgrading to a bigger home down the road or somewhere else entirely.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 AM

575 posts, read 1,779,346 times
We sold a house in Arrowhead Lakes last summer. I kept seeing posts on these forums at the time saying that the desirable areas were holding their value, houses were selling, and all would be well.

I thought AHL was a desirable location... but I guarantee we saw a lot of what you mentioned.

For example last July there were 57 active listings just in Arrowhead Lakes. Another 42 listings were either cancelled or had expired in the previous 6 months, meaning folks wanted to sell, but not much was moving.
There was not a single listing under contract in our neighborhood at that time.
The days on market stats for some of our comps looked like this: 144, 219, 256, 473, 621

People talk about pent up demand on the buying side because folks are sitting out the market; with the kinds of re-sale stats we were seeing (our agent sent us bi-monthly Doom and Gloom reports... my name for them, she called them market updates) I have to think there is pent up supply on the selling side as well.

Personally I think AHL is much more desirable, just for location if nothong else, than many of the new neighborhoods out Lake Pleasant way.
Talk about a commute nightmare!
But they killed us when we were trying to sell. Houses in our neighborhood were languishing on the market for months on end, but new homes were selling.
A lot of those builders saw the frenzied buying in 2005 and started whipping out specs like crazy. They were just a bit late to the party.

I think it's just going to take time for the supply/demand ratios to get back in line.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 AM

575 posts, read 1,779,346 times
I don't normally respond to my own comments... but since the one above was posted at 5am, I think I'm allowed a little leeway.

There were also plenty of investors/flippers in our neighborhood, as was the case in much of Arrowhead I assume.
We actually had someone knock on our door and ask us if we were willing to sell back in 2006 and they were offering a crazy amount of $$$ for the house as is; said they didn't even need to see the inside.
Fast forward to 2007 and not only did we have to price very competitively, but we had to update/upgrade out the ying-yang to get a quick sale.
Hind sight and all...

I think many of those investors are getting out of the market now, so that will take awhile to work out as well.
Guess they never got the memo about buy low, sell high?

I won't even get into the false demand created by lax financing standards.

All that said, I do think Arrowhead is a great area and I doubt that people are fleeing because it's no longer desirable; it's just that it might take some time for market conditions get back to a normal equilibrium.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,763,880 times
Our daughter's roommate is looking to purchase a home in Arrowhead Ranch. There are some tempting homes out there for $219K right now that we would have bought if we were still looking to buy. It is a beautiful development and I love the Orange trees and barrel tile roofs.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 PM

611 posts, read 2,309,932 times
We've driven thru and by Arrowhead. It is beautiful. When I tried searching it on the internet, all one can find is a bunch of realtor websites as well as an Arrowhead Country Club website. The Club website only shows details about it, not the full community. I'm unable to find an official Arrowhead community website showing a community map, amenity info, etc. Does an official community website exist?

When a person/family buys a home in Arrowhead, do they get full access to the Arrowhead Country Club with their HOA dues or do they have to buy a membership to be able to use the Club swim, tennis, and golf amenities? Also, does Arrowhead have centrally organized activities and events for the entire Arrowhead community?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 AM

611 posts, read 2,309,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Joy View Post
We've driven thru and by Arrowhead. It is beautiful. When I tried searching it on the internet, all one can find is a bunch of realtor websites as well as an Arrowhead Country Club website. The Club website only shows details about it, not the full community. I'm unable to find an official Arrowhead community website showing a community map, amenity info, etc. Does an official community website exist?

When a person/family buys a home in Arrowhead, do they get full access to the Arrowhead Country Club with their HOA dues or do they have to buy a membership to be able to use the Club swim, tennis, and golf amenities? Also, does Arrowhead have centrally organized activities and events for the entire Arrowhead community?
For those familiar with the Arrowhead community, can you please reply? Thanks in advance

Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 AM

944 posts, read 2,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Joy View Post

We have friends that live in Arrowhead and they do not have access to golfing and the community pool. They have talked about it and it seemed quite expensive. They live on the golf course and have a private pool, though.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:26 PM

4 posts, read 11,427 times
Smile Arrowhead Ranch

We lived in Arrowhead Ranch 15 years ago, moved away for all these years and just bought another house there a year ago. The area is beautiful, it is multi-generational and well kept. The Country Club is not included in the homeowner's home, but you can join for relatively little compared to other clubs in the Phoenix area. They even have social memberships for those that do not want anything but the social life there. There's lots of activities and the people are warm and welcoming. If you're moving to the area, this would be a place where you might want to check out...it would help you adjust more quickly and find friends easier. We love the feel of the community...seeing lots of people walking dogs or walking themselves! We're fortunate to have a house on the golf course and it is so peaceful...wish we could be there full time. Hope you give it a chance. It's a wonderful place to be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area