Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 07:49 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,279,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara19 View Post
I'd check out northern portions of Glendale or Peoria, then. Just my opinion. Some say Bell Rd and northward...some Olive and northward. I'd say Bell and up if you're to the pickier side about your neighbors.
Definitely agree about the north parts of Peoria & Glendale. The Arrowhead area is always highly recommended as far as being relatively safe with plenty of amenities in close proximity. It's one of the nicer parts of Glendale. The influence from the Arrowhead area tends to spill over into part of north Peoria. Westbrook Village is an area mostly for older adults, and it keeps its mostly pristine appearance, while having a fair amount of good shopping & dining nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 04:16 AM

109 posts, read 127,040 times
I had heard anthem and Peoria and Glendale would be a far commute to the address given in first post ?

Old 08-02-2016, 09:46 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,505,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgjmg123123 View Post
I had heard anthem and Peoria and Glendale would be a far commute to the address given in first post ?
Did I miss something?

You wrote that your job is near north 27th Avenue but what's the address or the major cross streets? North 27th Avenue is too general.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:30 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,774,945 times
Desert ridge is great and kid friendly. I've lived in all the four you mentioned except Mesa and I can't pick which of the 3 I liked best because they all had their merits. However I'd say Tempe is more fun for the young 20's crowd. Chandler is down to earth, a lot of kids and I like the mall. North Scottsdale was the nicest but the people were not very down to earth and I personally would never in a million years raise my kids there.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:13 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,656,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Desert ridge is great and kid friendly. I've lived in all the four you mentioned except Mesa and I can't pick which of the 3 I liked best because they all had their merits. However I'd say Tempe is more fun for the young 20's crowd. Chandler is down to earth, a lot of kids and I like the mall. North Scottsdale was the nicest but the people were not very down to earth and I personally would never in a million years raise my kids there.
OP, please keep in mind this is one person's opinion. As a north Scottsdale resident, I couldn't disagree with it more. Folks in my neighborhood are very down to earth and have kids that seem to have a great childhood and are excelling in school. Much of the area is affluent, but not stuffy. Only once you get into the mega-rich areas such as Silverleaf, does the vibe change.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:18 AM

109 posts, read 127,040 times
Thank you all for your replies. Job is not going to work out but maybe one day we will get there !

Old 08-06-2016, 05:51 PM

249 posts, read 189,070 times
My oncologist is on 27th Avenue near Loop 101 in the Deer Valley area. It seems like a nice location.
Is the approximate area the op is looking in?

Old 08-07-2016, 12:03 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,656,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance maggie View Post
My oncologist is on 27th Avenue near Loop 101 in the Deer Valley area. It seems like a nice location.
Is the approximate area the op is looking in?
Read the post above yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area