Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:36 AM

9,185 posts, read 16,722,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
As stated previously it is not my bill.
Then it wouldn't affect you. If it's in your name, it's yours. Best to just deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 09:13 AM

164 posts, read 185,636 times
How are you posting this? All I remember about Earthlink is that it used to be pre-installed bloatware on new computers many years ago. Are you looking for a dial-up? If you live near Scottsdale Rd. just use some free wi-fi in that area.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:27 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,405,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Then it wouldn't affect you. If it's in your name, it's yours. Best to just deal with it.
100% wrong. They flag houses. Let's let the guy move in with you, then tell cox his new address and you can experience it yourself. Simply put, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Street View Post
How are you posting this? All I remember about Earthlink is that it used to be pre-installed bloatware on new computers many years ago. Are you looking for a dial-up? If you live near Scottsdale Rd. just use some free wi-fi in that area.
iPhone. I want home internet not to frickin drive around every time I need to do something online

Old 07-20-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
100% wrong. They flag houses. Let's let the guy move in with you, then tell cox his new address and you can experience it yourself. Simply put, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Somethjng doesn't add up. You're trying to say that once Cox has a delinquent account at a certain address, no one in the future will be able to receive service there? I guarantee I'd get service regardless of what any previous owner of my home did. Their credit has nothing to do with me. You must be involved in some way.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Somethjng doesn't add up. You're trying to say that once Cox has a delinquent account at a certain address, no one in the future will be able to receive service there? I guarantee I'd get service regardless of what any previous owner of my home did. Their credit has nothing to do with me. You must be involved in some way.
Yet you continue to troll. If cox finds out someone with a bill lives at a certain address they can flag that address as they have in this case. It takes a new proof of a new lease or a landlord to make it go away. Make all the guarantees you want.

You have nothing on EarthLink then please stop trolling this thread

Old 07-20-2016, 12:41 PM

You're asking for insight so you can work the system when one of the residents of your home owes Cox money. There's probably a reason why you're not getting great feedback.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:17 PM

296 posts, read 366,584 times
DSL is not going to be as fast as cable internet anyway. If you high speed internet I would suggest you go ahead and pay the back due and get cable internet. If you do anything like stream or play games online I just can't see you being happy with the speeds from DSL. We don't have cable TV at our location in Tempe just cable internet. You don't have to get both.

Either you are going to need to pay for cable internet or a phone line and the service through a DSL provider like Earthlink. It does not appear that Earthlink has cable service to that location of Tempe. (You might want to double check.) I don't think there is any other traditional home phone service then Centurylink which means you will need to get phone service as well. I wouldn't suggest satellite internet if you want to play games or stream anything.

You can get good deals with Cox cable internet by bargaining with them. (Obviously use your name.) Sometimes a local rep can get you the best deal too. (Sometimes I've gotten a card for a rep when moving in or shortly after.)

Good luck!

Old 07-20-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
You're asking for insight so you can work the system when one of the residents of your home owes Cox money. There's probably a reason why you're not getting great feedback.
You should get a trophy if some sort...

Old 07-20-2016, 06:10 PM

Anyone who doubts me can put some money up. I live at mckellips and Scottsdale rd, just moved in. roommate has an old bill with cox. I just moved in and tried to get it in my name. No go.

The address is flagged because of him.

Don't believe me put some money up. He told cox he lives here and they have blocked this address. I have good credit and a pocket full of cash. $1,000 cash any of the talkers wanna do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area