Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:20 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,397,887 times

Advertisements

Is cox breaking the law by denying me service? If yes please point to the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 09:47 PM

772 posts, read 842,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Anyone who doubts me can put some money up. I live at mckellips and Scottsdale rd, just moved in. roommate has an old bill with cox. I just moved in and tried to get it in my name. No go.

The address is flagged because of him.

Don't believe me put some money up. He told cox he lives here and they have blocked this address. I have good credit and a pocket full of cash. $1,000 cash any of the talkers wanna do it?
You should take that $1000 and pay the delinquent bill and then you can just get high speed internet. Problem solved!

Old 07-21-2016, 12:45 AM

551 posts, read 696,821 times
This really doesn't add up. I know people with Centurylink in that area. Centurylink goes over phone line. It isn't complicated. It may not be the 'high speed' you want, however they service that area, for sure. Call back and talk to someone else on the phone.

Edited to add: Roommate is the one with the old bill? Get them to pay the delinquent bill, they probably added you as a user to the account and that is why you can't get service.

Last edited by cactusland; 07-21-2016 at 01:07 AM..

Old 07-21-2016, 08:40 AM

164 posts, read 185,175 times
where is the moderator? This thread needs to be closed.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,105,017 times
I second that.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusland View Post
This really doesn't add up. I know people with Centurylink in that area. Centurylink goes over phone line. It isn't complicated. It may not be the 'high speed' you want, however they service that area, for sure. Call back and talk to someone else on the phone.

Edited to add: Roommate is the one with the old bill? Get them to pay the delinquent bill, they probably added you as a user to the account and that is why you can't get service.
This happened before I moved in my name is it connected to it in any way.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Street View Post
where is the moderator? This thread needs to be closed.
No, most of the people trolling and continually calling me a liar should be hit with trolling by a mod. I am using this site for its intended purpose. Everyone says I'm a liar and the old bill is mine but when the opportunity to make $1,000 comes up if I am indeed a liar and the trolls all go silent. I'm shocked. And no I'm not paying a $500 bill in someone else's name just so j can get internet. Neither would you.

And here's a centurylink update for all those who think they know more than centurylink about centurylink business; I called hem again and confirmed my address is only open for phone from them. NO internet service of any kind. The guy is going to see if something can be done tomorrow.

So now I suppose we can have another 4 pages of people telling me I am lying about a bill, and centurylink services my address with Internet.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:43 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,113,763 times
Settle down a bit. My Goodness, this happens all the time on discussion boards. Lets get back to the topic. Earthlink is awful, you do not want it. Centurylink can most likely get service to your place. Yes, it does not show available now, most likely you are too far from a CO for DSL to service you. That can be fixed. The right people at Cox can also work around your situation. If you can make a case that th previous tenant is gone, that it is a new resident living there...they can pull that flag. That is a guideline, not a hard fast rule that is etched in stone.
Earthlink is crap, you will not be happy. Now, go ahead and flame me for not telling you what you wanted to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area