Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: By 2050, how big do you think the Phoenix metropolitan area will be?
In the 5 millions 9 7.83%
In the 6 millions 28 24.35%
In the 7 millions 32 27.83%
In the 8 millions 17 14.78%
In the 9 millions 2 1.74%
Larger than 10 million people 23 20.00%
Other 4 3.48%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 05:18 PM

13 posts, read 7,147 times

Advertisements

With open borders, the sky is the limit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 11:20 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Hi Valley Native - That would not be a very wise decision for the Diamondbacks, the venue has been their home for only 21 years and the central location is very ideal. I can't imagine a Diamondbacks stadium out in Buckeye, Peoria, Gilbert, Mesa, or any of the other cities in the metro area. Plus, what would they do to Chase Field if the DBacks move away from it? The way it was built it would be a major and a costly project to reconfigure it to be a venue for something else and I can't imagine tearing it down.
Here's the article:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rm/3745263002/

Tentative plans are for a future DBacks stadium to be on the SRR near their spring training location. Building a new stadium away from downtown (especially on tribal land) is absolutely asinine to say the least ... especially when Chase Field is a perfect venue in an ideal location. It would be a similar boondoggle to what Westgate has become. There is no established infrastructure on the SRR, no eateries or bars within walking distance, no sufficient mass transit, no light rail. The team needs to stay downtown in their venue and be satisfied with it! They're behaving like a bunch of spoiled babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
On the topic of the rapid growth of Phoenix , as a Phoenix area native, it's certainly much larger in area and population compared to how it was up until the mid or late 1990s, yes growth has always been the norm here, but I've noticed that annual growth rate has increased significantly in just the last 10 years or so, it's definitely not the area that attracted mostly retired winter visitors (Snowbirds) anymore. I'm sure everyone here has noticed that most new residents moved here from California.

The Phoenix area is attractive for many reasons, mainly for business and other economic factors, but for somebody who retired 3 years ago, it's not for me anymore mainly because it's too crowded, so I'll be looking to move to a smaller city outside of Maricopa County in the near future.
I've noticed this in the increased traffic during the last few years. It stays busier late at night and on weekends compared to what it used to be. Rush hour traffic used to be congested in just one direction on the freeways, but some freeways are tied up in both directions now.

Last edited by Valley Native; 06-06-2019 at 11:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area