Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 12:59 PM

5 posts, read 4,444 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Some good advice. I was curious if anyone thought the tech job market might even out over time, but it looks like the consensus is that the East Valley won't be losing its dominance for a long time. If I am serious about finding a house for the long-term (assuming life allows)I suppose I should be seriously narrowing in on the East Valley. But others are right, I probably am overthinking this and if and when things change, I guess I can adjust accordingly at that time.

I am 28, so not early 20s. I already had my starter house in Michigan so I know a little more of what I want. And as far as knowing that parents will move in? Well, that's always been the plan. It is a cultural thing, and we've always hoped to do it this way if it was possible (Asian). We've lived with them for almost a year now to get used to everyone living together and made a lot of progress, but know we'll need more space in the long term. We've loved the move back to AZ for everyday life outside of work, but miss the tradeoff in an awesome job a decent bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 01:40 PM

19,446 posts, read 27,860,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbwing View Post
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Some good advice. I was curious if anyone thought the tech job market might even out over time, but it looks like the consensus is that the East Valley won't be losing its dominance for a long time. If I am serious about finding a house for the long-term (assuming life allows)I suppose I should be seriously narrowing in on the East Valley. But others are right, I probably am overthinking this and if and when things change, I guess I can adjust accordingly at that time.

I am 28, so not early 20s. I already had my starter house in Michigan so I know a little more of what I want. And as far as knowing that parents will move in? Well, that's always been the plan. It is a cultural thing, and we've always hoped to do it this way if it was possible (Asian). We've lived with them for almost a year now to get used to everyone living together and made a lot of progress, but know we'll need more space in the long term. We've loved the move back to AZ for everyday life outside of work, but miss the tradeoff in an awesome job a decent bit.
My apologies. I am embarrassed to admit that the "cultural thing" slipped my mind. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Knowing that, I'll remind you that the East Valley has a large and active Asian population. Your parents will feel quite comfortable and welcome there.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:02 PM

68 posts, read 162,057 times
Have you checked Queen Creek, East Mesa and San Tan Valley. You can probably find the type of house you want in your price range.

Here is an example of the price of a huge house ion the neighborhood I live in.

https://www.fultonhomes.com/our-comm...ibbean/antigua

Old 12-02-2016, 07:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,652,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanchola2 View Post
Have you checked Queen Creek, East Mesa and San Tan Valley. You can probably find the type of house you want in your price range.

Here is an example of the price of a huge house ion the neighborhood I live in.

https://www.fultonhomes.com/our-comm...ibbean/antigua
Except that it's far out and not central to his employment options
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area