Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:26 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,782,411 times

Advertisements

At least they realized those items were deal breakers.

But real quick OP, Heck NO will I be spraying any chemicals in my home. You think phoenicians are all just a bunch of careless idiots? Yikes no they care about their health too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 10:30 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,764,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
At least they realized those items were deal breakers.

But real quick OP, Heck NO will I be spraying any chemicals in my home. You think phoenicians are all just a bunch of careless idiots? Yikes no they care about their health too.
Yeah no clue where that came from? We occasionally use a natural pest repellent OUTSIDE of our home and have never needed to spray inside our home.

Also, no idea where the "pools are too warm to be enjoyable" comment, we swim all summer long day and nihjy and the pool never feels anything but amazing.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:55 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,570,426 times
Quote:
Where we live now, we have family visiting a lot and neighbors wanting to come by unannounced and it's just becoming to much.
Wow! ...Does this strike anyone else as just a little bit bizarre???

Your husband is injured and on disability and you have family that want to visit you and its "too much" ???

Maybe it's just me but I sort of like having family around and like having them come by, as well as my friends! I like the feeling that -- should I ever succumb to injury -- I have a close network of friends and family that will come around to help me and make things better.

You, on the other hand, want to uproot your nuclear family and move them 900 miles across country because you don't like extended family "visiting a lot" ??? Am I missing something here???

It really sounds like OP suffers from some type of anti-social personality disorder?

But it's all good as long as there's organic food nearby....lol....WEIRD-O-RAMA!

Last edited by kttam186290; 03-24-2017 at 12:03 AM..

Old 03-29-2017, 07:47 PM

7 posts, read 33,429 times
Although I thought I had truly made up my mind... I haven't been able to find a place that tugs at my heart like AZ.
People ask me WHY, considering I have never even visited. All I can say is that I have always felt drawn to Arizona, my heart I guess fell in love before my brain knew anything about it. I have found myself still looking at the beautiful photos online, drifting off to thoughts of living there and I don't know what it is but I can't seem to find any other place on the map that makes me feel this way. At first, after reading and talking to others about it and hearing their good and bad... I admit, I jumped the gun and let my fears scare me away. But, if I survived living in Chicago, giving birth to three kids and raising a teenage daughter, I think I can handle scorpions and spiders lol.
My first post did come off as me being Anti-Mormon. Although I elaborated in my second post, it seems others still think that is one of the reasons I didn't want to move there. In all honesty, I only mentioned that due to the things I read about others having issues. I am very open to all beliefs and religions so I just wanted to once again clear that up.
My husband has been on the fence about moving. I guess we both just need to realize that everyone has their own reasons for living in AZ. Some love it, others tolerate it and then there are those who just hate it. I know we need to visit there and get a feel as to what AZ is really like so that we can formulate our own opinion and make a decision that is not based on what we have read or been told. We need to experience the heat, the bugs and so on for ourselves.
I appreciate the feedback and all of the great information on here. Arizona is tugging at my heart and I just can't give up on her just yet.

As far as me stating that we get a lot of visitors... we love our family and have opened our home to many of them for many years. We have taken care of our grandparents while they were sick for six years. We took in our cousins from out of of state and gave them a place to live when their home burned down. We even had my father-in-law living with us for a while because he was ill and needed help. I am in no way anti-social. We have been talking about moving and living a quieter, slower paced life and that is all.

Last edited by willow2522; 03-29-2017 at 08:05 PM..

Old 03-30-2017, 07:27 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,375,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow2522 View Post
Although I thought I had truly made up my mind... I haven't been able to find a place that tugs at my heart like AZ.
People ask me WHY, considering I have never even visited. All I can say is that I have always felt drawn to Arizona, my heart I guess fell in love before my brain knew anything about it. I have found myself still looking at the beautiful photos online, drifting off to thoughts of living there and I don't know what it is but I can't seem to find any other place on the map that makes me feel this way. At first, after reading and talking to others about it and hearing their good and bad... I admit, I jumped the gun and let my fears scare me away. But, if I survived living in Chicago, giving birth to three kids and raising a teenage daughter, I think I can handle scorpions and spiders lol.
My first post did come off as me being Anti-Mormon. Although I elaborated in my second post, it seems others still think that is one of the reasons I didn't want to move there. In all honesty, I only mentioned that due to the things I read about others having issues. I am very open to all beliefs and religions so I just wanted to once again clear that up.
My husband has been on the fence about moving. I guess we both just need to realize that everyone has their own reasons for living in AZ. Some love it, others tolerate it and then there are those who just hate it. I know we need to visit there and get a feel as to what AZ is really like so that we can formulate our own opinion and make a decision that is not based on what we have read or been told. We need to experience the heat, the bugs and so on for ourselves.
I appreciate the feedback and all of the great information on here. Arizona is tugging at my heart and I just can't give up on her just yet.

As far as me stating that we get a lot of visitors... we love our family and have opened our home to many of them for many years. We have taken care of our grandparents while they were sick for six years. We took in our cousins from out of of state and gave them a place to live when their home burned down. We even had my father-in-law living with us for a while because he was ill and needed help. I am in no way anti-social. We have been talking about moving and living a quieter, slower paced life and that is all.
You should definitely come visit. Late spring or summer is not a bad time to visit. You'll get a taste for the heat, everything will be cheap (airfare/hotels/rental cars/etc.) and it won't be too busy. If you like it in the summer you'll like it any time. If the heat is too much well it's good to experience it and know ahead of time.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:09 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,113,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Wow! ...Does this strike anyone else as just a little bit bizarre???

Your husband is injured and on disability and you have family that want to visit you and its "too much" ???

Maybe it's just me but I sort of like having family around and like having them come by, as well as my friends! I like the feeling that -- should I ever succumb to injury -- I have a close network of friends and family that will come around to help me and make things better.

You, on the other hand, want to uproot your nuclear family and move them 900 miles across country because you don't like extended family "visiting a lot" ??? Am I missing something here???

It really sounds like OP suffers from some type of anti-social personality disorder?

But it's all good as long as there's organic food nearby....lol....WEIRD-O-RAMA!
Pretty harsh and judgmental. Nice that she took the high road in her respone.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:40 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,570,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
I just tend to call things as I see them.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:54 PM

Wink Be blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
I would never reply to rudeness. When people are rude, they reveal who THEY are, not who I am.
You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.
Thank you for your comment... be blessed.

"A fools displeasure is known at once, but whoever ignores an insult is sensible." Proverbs 12:16

Last edited by willow2522; 04-09-2017 at 01:10 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
You should definitely come visit. Late spring or summer is not a bad time to visit. You'll get a taste for the heat, everything will be cheap (airfare/hotels/rental cars/etc.) and it won't be too busy. If you like it in the summer you'll like it any time. If the heat is too much well it's good to experience it and know ahead of time.
Thank you for that! We are planning a trip for the end of May! Looking forward to it

Old 04-09-2017, 08:13 PM

173 posts, read 171,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow2522 View Post
Thank you for that! We are planning a trip for the end of May! Looking forward to it
I am glad you planned a visit! I think you will like AZ.
I noticed your budget is $185K - $300K. I also noticed that you'll be home schooling and that your husband will be at home with you? Have you considered the following towns?:

- Maricopa (30 min south of Chandler, different from the county of Maricopa. The city is actually called Maricopa)
- Casa Grande (45 min south of Chandler)

Real estate is cheaper in these places. There's a "Sprouts Supermarket" which sells organic produce with Whole Foods quality at Trader Joe's prices in just about every city in Arizona. There's also Trader Joe's, which has great prices and quality.

There is a home schooling community in the Phoenix area. Google that to find more information. Home schooling is not uncommon in AZ from what I understand.

I definitely recommend you look into those cities during your visit - especially Maricopa. I believe it has what you are looking for - especially in terms of people not bothering you (I know exactly what you mean.)
In fact, go to Zillow and check out some of those home prices. You'll be surprised. You can own a home with a pool for something in the middle of your budget.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area