Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 12:01 PM

594 posts, read 700,226 times

Advertisements

Even if I were " Fat Albert ".....is there any doubt I wouldn't work that too??
HEY HEY HEY !

Old 03-31-2017, 03:43 PM

13,087 posts, read 7,560,264 times
We have a 32yo son. Seattle. Owns, does bouldering, wall climbing, indoors and outdoors. Ski. Now taking up sailing lessons. Works in tech, high casual (lower than business casual) is the dress code. Drives a Mazda 3i, 4dr. Walks or takes public to work. Eats well. Low meats. Very little alcohol. Nice parents who already have started college fund for unknown grandchildren .

Old 03-31-2017, 06:31 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,879,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Not really fair to blame this on California. Most of these guys were born and raised here.
Yeah I'd agree. I've been in the Valley off and on since the 80's and it's always been this way. I mean c'mon, it's the desert so dirt biking and off roading is bound to be a hugely popular sport, probably much more so then in other parts of the country. Given this, you have to expect a large contingent of people that dress and carry themselves in a manner consistent with others who participate in those sports.

If you don't like it, how's about you move to AL or MS and check out their dating pool filled with low brow, gator hunting, 12 hamburger eating fat slobs (both states are tops in obesity and diabetes).

Old 03-31-2017, 09:35 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,747,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
Yeah I'd agree. I've been in the Valley off and on since the 80's and it's always been this way. I mean c'mon, it's the desert so dirt biking and off roading is bound to be a hugely popular sport, probably much more so then in other parts of the country. Given this, you have to expect a large contingent of people that dress and carry themselves in a manner consistent with others who participate in those sports.

If you don't like it, how's about you move to AL or MS and check out their dating pool filled with low brow, gator hunting, 12 hamburger eating fat slobs (both states are tops in obesity and diabetes).
Not everyone who dirt bikes fits this category by the way, I ride dirt bikes and mountain bikes, usually 3-4 days a week but I don't have any tattoos or piercings nor do I wear alpine star and fox clothes. I also attend the symphony, art shows, and museums. I have 2 degrees and make a decent living working in the tech industry.

Don't judge a book by its cover, get to know people and you'll often be surprised how wrong stereotypes can be.

The whole internet dating scene seems so flawed to me, what is the the chance of actually getting to know someone when the entire basis of your meeting is whether or not their pictures looked good? Maybe I'm old school but I'd much rather meet people the old fashioned way.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:28 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,622,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Maybe I'm old school but I'd much rather meet people the old fashioned way.
Mail-order brides?

Old 04-01-2017, 08:03 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,879,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Not everyone who dirt bikes fits this category by the way, I ride dirt bikes and mountain bikes, usually 3-4 days a week but I don't have any tattoos or piercings nor do I wear alpine star and fox clothes. I also attend the symphony, art shows, and museums. I have 2 degrees and make a decent living working in the tech industry.

Don't judge a book by its cover, get to know people and you'll often be surprised how wrong stereotypes can be.
That's true. I'm a trackday junkie and some of the guys I ride with also ride dirt and they are educated, successful and articulate. More to your point, not everyone that has a lot of tats and wears Alpinestars clothing is uneducated and dense.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:10 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,747,159 times
Quote:
That's true. I'm a trackday junkie and some of the guys I ride with also ride dirt and they are educated, successful and articulate. More to your point, not everyone that has a lot of tats and wears Alpinestars clothing is uneducated and dense.
Agreed, bikes and the vehicles used to haul them around aren't exactly cheap. I only mentioned tattoos and clothing brands based on the OPs comments.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:47 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times
Quote:
A lot of the stigma with the tattoos is a generational thing. A long time ago, they were associated primarily with biker gangs and the criminal element. Every now & then, you'd see them on soldiers or sailors, but there was a time when you would NEVER see them on women. Now, it seems the younger generation is getting them all over their bodies, and somehow they think it looks cute.

I guess you could say that I'm now part of the older generation that thinks of them more as hideous and repulsive than cute or attractive. I say to each his own ... however, when I was a recruiter at my company, I would be somewhat reluctant to hire somebody with a bunch of visible tattoos, even if they were qualified for the position. People who are covered with tattoos and are job hunting need to be aware that some companies still forbid visible tattoos. Call it discrimination, but it's perfectly legal.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:55 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,735,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
A lot of the stigma with the tattoos is a generational thing. A long time ago, they were associated primarily with biker gangs and the criminal element. Every now & then, you'd see them on soldiers or sailors, but there was a time when you would NEVER see them on women. Now, it seems the younger generation is getting them all over their bodies, and somehow they think it looks cute.

I guess you could say that I'm now part of the older generation that thinks of them more as hideous and repulsive than cute or attractive. I say to each his own ... however, when I was a recruiter at my company, I would be somewhat reluctant to hire somebody with a bunch of visible tattoos, even if they were qualified for the position. People who are covered with tattoos and are job hunting need to be aware that some companies still forbid visible tattoos. Call it discrimination, but it's perfectly legal.
I get all my tattoo ideas here:
75 MCSO mug shots of the week (4/3) - abc15.com | ABC15 Arizona

Old 04-05-2017, 09:10 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,508,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
For men Arizona by far is the absolute best I've ever experienced.

This is the only place in the country that women cruise late at night to pick up men.
Every city I've lived , women pretty much go indoors after dark and understandably so. In the Valley, you can see women all night long. I'm still in shock about that.
This is one of the few times I agree with you.

There are plenty of women who lurk around all night long but they are most often prostitutes and cheap skanky types.

Somehow I'm not too surprised if these are the types of women you're attracted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area