Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 02:55 PM

69 posts, read 61,078 times

Advertisements

Hello,
i got a job opportunity in north Scottsdale at tron north with one of famous resorts in the area.i have some questions since this the first time i come to USA with my wife and two young kids,i have some others offers in others states like Austin-Texas and Los Angeles-CA but Scottsdale is the one in my hand till now.i need to understand every thing to make my decision,the Pros and cons.
- is the Scottsdale touristic place??? i mean the hotels their are busy most of the time with guests or not ?
- is the there any entertainment for kids or boring life?
-which is the best place i can find a apartment near the work???and if there any transportation available ??
if any others information i will be appreciated.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 03:12 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,545,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Sallam View Post
Hello,
i got a job opportunity in north Scottsdale at tron north with one of famous resorts in the area.i have some questions since this the first time i come to USA with my wife and two young kids,i have some others offers in others states like Austin-Texas and Los Angeles-CA but Scottsdale is the one in my hand till now.i need to understand every thing to make my decision,the Pros and cons.
- is the Scottsdale touristic place??? i mean the hotels their are busy most of the time with guests or not ?
- is the there any entertainment for kids or boring life?
-which is the best place i can find a apartment near the work???and if there any transportation available ??
if any others information i will be appreciated.
Thank you
Scottsdale attracts lots of tourists, particularly from October into April. Summers the hotels are less busy because of the heat, they offer specials so that people who live in the area will come and enjoy the resort for a few days.

There are lots of things for kids to do, parks with playgrounds, sports leagues and classes through the city parks departments, museums especially for kids, (not necessarily in Scottsdale, but in metropolitan Phoenix), all sorts of stuff.

There is public transportation on many of the major streets in north Scottsdale. The map is on this site: www.valleymetro.org for you to check to see if you can get to the hotel where you will be working

Old 05-25-2017, 03:38 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,199,867 times
The only issue you will encounter is transportation to Troon North. There is no public transportation to Troon North, you will have to drive. Apartments can be found further south in Scottsdale. Schools are good and there is plenty for your children to do, so no boredom will not be a problem.

Even though Troon North is far less busy in the summer than winter, there will always be work. You probably should ask your prospective employer what their policy is for summer. I suspect they hire additional help in the winter, then let them go in the summer.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:39 PM

69 posts, read 61,078 times
thank you so much for your valued information.but i didn't find any public transportation to or from the resort by the way its Four Seasons Resort so if you an check for me the best way to go or come from the resort to any nearest place ??

Old 05-25-2017, 04:58 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,545,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Sallam View Post
thank you so much for your valued information.but i didn't find any public transportation to or from the resort by the way its Four Seasons Resort so if you an check for me the best way to go or come from the resort to any nearest place ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
The only issue you will encounter is transportation to Troon North. There is no public transportation to Troon North, you will have to drive. Apartments can be found further south in Scottsdale. Schools are good and there is plenty for your children to do, so no boredom will not be a problem.

Even though Troon North is far less busy in the summer than winter, there will always be work. You probably should ask your prospective employer what their policy is for summer. I suspect they hire additional help in the winter, then let them go in the summer.

Four Seasons is AT Troon North, so that is a transportation problem. Public transportation does not go that far north. You would either have to drive, or ride with another employee who could give you a ride to and from work.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:45 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,327,140 times
Far north Scottsdale is a lot different than the parts of Scottsdale south of the 101. When you're that far north, you're definitely going to be in a desert environment, and transportation options will be more limited. As for being touristy, yes, Scottsdale is touristy year round, but it's more so during the winter & early spring. Up in the Troon area, you'll likely notice the drop in tourism more when it gets hot, unlike downtown/Old Town which tend to be busy all the time.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:12 AM

811 posts, read 626,782 times
What line of work are you in?

As for your kids: Depending on ages there's lots to do; most activities involve a pool in the hot months. If you and your family are willing to suffer with the heat for a few months you will be rewarded later on.

Your challenge may be finding housing that fits your budget and lifestyle that's not too far from Troon North.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area