Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 07:00 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,935,987 times

Advertisements

some areas of Peoria, stetson valley, and Surprise might also have some nice homes in that general price range, maybe a few KK more

we just lucked out and got a 4 bedroom,2100sf beauty just west of Stetson Valley slightly above that price range, but had to buy it the first day on the market, sight unseen..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 01:23 PM

149 posts, read 153,135 times
Sight unseen...now that's a leap of faith.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:02 PM

believe it or not, over 30% of "millennials" bought houses this year sight unseen..

we had a great realtor, lots of videos/skypes, and pictures, and the house turned out to be just as nice as we hoped it was..

Old 07-06-2017, 03:14 PM

I do alot of research on zillo , but id rather also look at it in person

Old 07-06-2017, 03:18 PM

of course, we would too, but going back and forth from chicagoland to Arizona is tough and expensive to do multiple times..
I was concerned, but it ended up working out great for us, so I know its possible!

Old 07-06-2017, 05:18 PM

Oh....we were inclined to sell here and do the VRBO thing. Have our belongings in a pod and look when we are down there with no pressure

Old 07-08-2017, 10:54 AM

13,444 posts, read 7,441,767 times
I think you be fine buying in this market you could always sell in a few years. Just get a local real estate agent and have them show you around town for a few days should be able to help you find an area you like. I would never rent unless I was single, but with a family and dogs just too difficult. Just throwing away money for a year everyone wants a lease they aren't going to go month to month on a sized home that you want. Now you're going to spend around $20000 in one year on a home you don't own loose any appreciation you would have gotten in that year. If I was single living alone or just maybe married no children or pets would rent a small apartment but just isn't convenient to do that with a family and pets.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I think you be fine buying in this market you could always sell in a few years. Just get a local real estate agent and have them show you around town for a few days should be able to help you find an area you like. I would never rent unless I was single, but with a family and dogs just too difficult. Just throwing away money for a year everyone wants a lease they aren't going to go month to month on a sized home that you want. Now you're going to spend around $20000 in one year on a home you don't own loose any appreciation you would have gotten in that year. If I was single living alone or just maybe married no children or pets would rent a small apartment but just isn't convenient to do that with a family and pets.
we thought the same exact thing; and, since we have all been out here before more than once, we already had an idea about what and where we wanted to live

Old 07-10-2017, 12:04 PM

46 posts, read 39,323 times
We just did this, but we actually got lucky in our situation. We put our house on the market in MI and went out to Arizona to visit family. While out there, we had no intention of buying a house, just looking. But the perfect house for us came along and we were very fortunate that the sellers were building a new home and wanted as much time as possible to stay in their current home until the new one is built, so they accepted an offer "contingent" upon us selling our house in MI. That is not common these days for a seller to accept a contingency like that, but we got lucky. Went back home to MI and sold our home there within 3 weeks and made the arrangements to finalize the purchase of our new home in AZ. We ended up buying in Buckeye - and yes, I know everyone says that is way too far out, but for us, it works. I work from home and my husband is retired, so commuting is not an issue. There are just enough retail stores in the area to get us what we need on a daily basis and Phoenix is only about a 35-40 minute drive for when we want to go there for anything. So far it is working out great for us. Housing prices are a steal in Buckeye and we got a really nice, newer home. If I had the money to spend in the OP's budget, I would look at Verrado in Buckeye, it's beautiful there! We are only about 10 minutes from Verrado, just in a more affordable area for us. :-)

Old 07-10-2017, 03:15 PM

Thanks for all the great feedback. We will have to get a better look at Buckeye. But we were partial to QC and even further in San Tan. Everyone has been great with their knowledge and experiences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area