Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 06:29 PM

13,355 posts, read 7,379,677 times

Advertisements

I love San Tan and QC unfortunately just too far to drive to work Also I like Sun Lakes just north of San Tan valley anyway hope it all works out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 01:02 PM

4 posts, read 5,168 times
Default Resettling in AZ

Southeast of Phoenix is affordable, stress free and centrally located. Take a look at what rentals are available on Youtube for Queen Creek, Florence, Coolidge, Casa Grande. These are good places to start by renting.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:28 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Marrhews View Post
Southeast of Phoenix is affordable, stress free and centrally located. Take a look at what rentals are available on Youtube for Queen Creek, Florence, Coolidge, Casa Grande. These are good places to start by renting.
Queen Creek, Florence, Coolidge, Casa Grande are centrally located to what?

Old 07-21-2017, 01:37 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,817,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Queen Creek, Florence, Coolidge, Casa Grande are centrally located to what?
I'm guessing he meant central to Arizona as a state, not the center of the metro area

Old 07-21-2017, 06:55 PM

43 posts, read 44,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I love San Tan and QC
Yah a very nice place to live. We had been coming here for about 12 years, finally made it. I like it very much. YMMV

Old 07-26-2017, 09:45 AM

149 posts, read 152,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBad1 View Post
Yah a very nice place to live. We had been coming here for about 12 years, finally made it. I like it very much. YMMV

Thanks for all the great input and opinions. Still in a holding pattern as far as the move. Still some time away but definitely a good start on the planning aspect. I think we are leaning to doing the VRBO thing for a couple months...hold the furniture , etc in a POD.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:39 AM

Well, we are coming in October for vacation and another scouting expedition as to where to settle. At that point in time we will only have a year and a half to go. We are staying in Gold Canyon for the views but will be looking at QC and San Tan. No concern regarding work but some concern regarding son who will be going to college. Have no idea at this time what he'll study or where.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:15 AM

720 posts, read 736,494 times
AZ Bound

Nice to see an old post come to life with an update. I didn't read all the 7 pages of posts so don't even know if I've chimed in and repeating myself but here goes! >

I'm on the same page- if you're a homeowner you don't want to rent and waste good money which would otherwise go towards a down payment. Everyone that I've helped relocate here come 1st for an exploratory visit or two - and investigate areas, seems like you may have already done and will be coming again in October to do that so that's great! If you're ready to make the move, then put your home on the market, and while it's being shown and hopefully getting a contract on it - you are here making a decision as to which home you want to put an offer on - if it's accepted you can put an offer CCBS < which means it's contingent on you (buyer) selling your home - you would have to provide proof of your contract on your home and estimated closing date etc. Then when it's time, you pack and do what you would normally do in a move - and I've had people here stay in a hotel or an airbnb for a few days if there's any time between the closing of their old home and the closing of their new home. If you're paying cash it probably can be done same day so you should have no issue....

Make sure in your state - I believe there are only two states NJ being one of them that charge a 2% out of state fee of your sales price if you have an out of state address. So for instance, if you're moving from NJ to AZ and in your closing docs you are using your AZ address you will be charged an additional 2% state tax < so just make sure you are aware of the rules/laws in your state.

Like everyones' chimed in - depending on your lifestyle if you like for instance, land and want horses and a farm to raise chickens, or you like going to restaurants, movies, meeting up with friends, golf, whatever your lifestyle - there are tons of beautiful homes - but the more important is to figure out what area feels like home to you. The other far corner is Sun City West have you explored that? Do you want to live in a retirement community or one that is open to everyone? Those exploratory trips are key -eg, going grocery shopping in the area that you like, or even stopping at the local library or walking in the nearby strip center, eating at a restaurant, driving around, etc, you'll know if it feels like the area to call home.

Best of Luck!!!

Last edited by smoochaz; 04-18-2018 at 10:25 AM..

Old 03-27-2019, 01:02 PM

Well, this is an update to an older post I started. Less than a year from now we will be putting our current home on the market. We are scheduled with tickets already purchased to fly down in September. Most likely we will look at new build in the QC and San tan area. The logistics of searching new listings from 2500 miles away is a daunting task so new may be the way to go. A very exciting time to be a year out from retirement and even less when our house hits the market.

Old 03-27-2019, 04:07 PM

30,538 posts, read 19,279,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbound621 View Post
Well, this is an update to an older post I started. Less than a year from now we will be putting our current home on the market. We are scheduled with tickets already purchased to fly down in September. Most likely we will look at new build in the QC and San tan area. The logistics of searching new listings from 2500 miles away is a daunting task so new may be the way to go. A very exciting time to be a year out from retirement and even less when our house hits the market.
Curious as to why Arizona move from 2500 miles away(where is that?)? We have a winter house in Phoenix and I retired just over 2 months ago. Our rationale for Arizona was:

1) One flight to all of our relatives - North and east
2) lowish cost
3) Sunshine
4) Warmth with low humidity and good swimming area
5) Mountains
6) we can drive from our house in Washington in 2 long days or 3 moderate days (closer than Florida)

I was in QC about 10 days ago, very clean and well planned place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area