Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 08:01 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,934,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Going to have to try that one.

I like Dao Kitchen at 83rd and Deer Valley, their lunch prices are really good. Also at Lake Pleasant and Happy Valley are two good sushi places, Squid Ink and Sushi Doraku.

My next door neighbor is the bar tender at Squid Ink!

My wife wont eat sushi, and I love it, so we have to find places that have "other" things besides sushi..
heard good stuff about Doraku for sure!..gotta get over there and try it, along with Dao..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 09:04 AM

16,405 posts, read 30,361,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Mesa is a bit further east than I had in mind, but I go there once in a while for shopping at Mekong Plaza and AZ International Marketplace. Both locations offer Veteran discounts.

Abacus has another location further south from the one off the 202 loop. Big Buddah is a newer location in Surprise. Oriental House in Peoria looks like it's establish there for years.

Since you brought up Mekong Plaza and AZ International Marketplace, Nan Zhou Noodle House is located immediately across the street from Mekong Plaza.

Their specialty is hand drawn noodles and I must admit that they are every bit as good as the similarly named restaurant in downtown Philadelphia. It you have never tried their soups, they are quite excellent. It is NOT pho.

The restaurants in Mekong Plaza are quite excellent although there is probably one Chinese restaurant among them.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:58 PM

11 posts, read 14,912 times
Check out Dao Kitchen off Carefree Hwy & 27th dr. Wife and I like the place.

Last edited by DieselTrucking85; 12-02-2017 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 12-02-2017, 01:21 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,659,538 times
Thanks for the all the recommendations, I ended up going to Lin's Grand Buffet off Baseline Rd in Phoenix since it was close to where I was. Turned out better than I expected for a buffet. I'll definitely check out the other restaurants when I make another trip down to the valley again.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:36 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,251,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Thanks for the all the recommendations, I ended up going to Lin's Grand Buffet off Baseline Rd in Phoenix since it was close to where I was. Turned out better than I expected for a buffet. I'll definitely check out the other restaurants when I make another trip down to the valley again.
All that and you ended up at a buffet?

That slop isn't Chinese food and should be avoided at all costs.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:41 PM

2,791 posts, read 7,475,411 times
I don't know how I forgot this in my earlier reply, but the Nee House at Tatum & Thunderbird (northeast corner) serves excellent Cantonese food. There's live seafood in tanks and definitely no buffet.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...enix/17637463/

Old 12-02-2017, 02:49 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,262,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
All that and you ended up at a buffet?

That slop isn't Chinese food and should be avoided at all costs.
Had to rep you. I didn't want to type it but that was my thought when I read that reply earlier.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:26 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,659,538 times
I'll be checking out T & J Asian Cuisine and Oriental House this weekend. Seems like a lot of the local restaurants around Peoria and Sun City are fairly new and not established in the last decade or so. If the food is good, I'll try them out.

When I grew up in north Denver suburbs, I usually go to the same local Chinese restaurants for years and their food has always been good and by the same business owner. Chan's Inn and Heaven's Dragon up in Thornton.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:30 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,934,226 times
we tried George and Sons a few weeks ago, and it was very good

a few locations in Valley..

Home - George & Son's Asian Cuisine

Old 04-13-2018, 03:35 PM

445 posts, read 517,591 times
Since this thread has been resuscitated...

I'm a big fan of Autumn Court on 38th Street and Indian School. Food is excellent, and so are the mai tais. For my wife and I, it's our go-to spot for Christmas and/or Thanksgiving dinner for the last several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area