Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 01:38 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,939,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
LOLOLOL!!! Gets called out for the desire to live in a nanny state and responds by threatening to report to the authorities. Probably should just come to terms with it as fact - you are a proponent of control rather than free will and common sense. Your stance on this topic proves that.
Since you have no clue about me either, if you did know me, you would know that nothing could be farther from the truth; I am a proponent for safety, NOT control..

Common sense and free will are 2 different things; common sense says that possibly jeopardizing the safety of others, by ignoring the rules of societal safety, trumps driving at what ever speed YOU the individual thinks is appropriate; free will frequently has no relationship to common sense, so not sure how you put those two mindsets together..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 01:47 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,322,924 times
This whole discussion is becoming too pathetically funny, yet entertaining, especially certain self righteous posters who get their panties all in a knot over drivers who they think are moving too fast. The fact of the matter is: bad drivers exist everywhere. Tailgaters, excessive speeders, inattentive idiots, and slowpokes can be found anywhere from NYC to rural Nebraska. I've been cut off, flipped off, and honked at on occasion as well ... and sure, it ticks me off initially, but unlike Wase and a few other whiners, I've learned to suck it up and get over it!

Old 01-06-2018, 01:48 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,702,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Since you have no clue about me either, if you did know me, you would know that nothing could be farther from the truth; I am a proponent for safety, NOT control..

Common sense and free will are 2 different things; common sense says that possibly jeopardizing the safety of others, by ignoring the rules of societal safety, trumps driving at what ever speed YOU the individual thinks is appropriate; free will frequently has no relationship to common sense, so not sure how you put those two mindsets together..
No you’re not. Driving 65 when the flow of traffic is going 75 is not safe. Common sense tells you that. Free will gives you the ability to drive with the flow of traffic and not be an impediment.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:01 PM

driving 75 in a 65 is not safe, nor legal; common sense tells you that..

if you cant/wont follow the rules of the road, then dont drive. driving is a PRIVILEGE not a right..

Old 01-06-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
driving 75 in a 65 is not safe, nor legal; common sense tells you that..

if you cant/wont follow the rules of the road, then dont drive. driving is a PRIVILEGE not a right..
Driving 75 on our wide, smooth freeways without weather hazards in a modern vehicle while cars around you are going the same speed is unsafe? Give us a freakin break. Perhaps a drivers course is in order to build some confidence behind the wheel. I can't image the terror that mentality would face in Germany.

Logic will undoubtedly yield better results than consulting a rule book at every turn. Once the weather newness wears off, you may not find AZ to be a great fit for someone with that outlook.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:29 PM

I love everything about this state, except moronic drivers..

Old 01-06-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I love everything about this state, except moronic drivers..
Just work on your skills and confidence and 75 won't seem so scary. Hell, back in MI on horrible freeways in wintry conditions, the flow was regularly 65+. There's no reason to say that 75 is an unsafe travel of speed with no hindrances.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:18 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,268,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovetsky Medved View Post
I can't believe someone still called it "The fast lane" Your never gonna learn are you.
And NO, Im not going to stay in the far right lane, And have to constantly slow down and avoid incoming merging traffic.
I will stay in my Center lane doing the speed limit all the day long if i feel like it.
If it's that much of a hardship to use your brake pedal or go around me, then MAYBE YOU should stop driving and ride the BUS. And if I run across "The Wrong person" I have something to alleviate there pain permanently. They mind there business and I'll mind mine, You drive your car and I'll Drive mine and don't tell me how to do it.
Newsflash: this isn't Russia. Believe it or not

And I suspect the police might have a little something for you too bud.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:10 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,884,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
There's no reason to say that 75 is an unsafe travel of speed with no hindrances.
....as long as a proper stopping sight distance is maintained. Given the Phoenix populations inability to adhere to tailgating rules (and lets face it, when I-10 WB is jammed up at 5pm on a wednesday, that just isnt possible), young or old, a persons perception reaction time is no where near enough to avoid an accident at that speed.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
....as long as a proper stopping sight distance is maintained. Given the Phoenix populations inability to adhere to tailgating rules (and lets face it, when I-10 WB is jammed up at 5pm on a wednesday, that just isnt possible), young or old, a persons perception reaction time is no where near enough to avoid an accident at that speed.
You even quoted the part of my post where I said, “with no hindrances”. Obviously this excludes situations of heavy traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area