Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 09:36 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,986,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Why not? How do they have any impact on the amount of rain we get?
Of course they have no impact on the rain we get, but rather on the water we have stored. As more and more people move here, the bigger the strain on our resources. Its not hard to figure that out. People celebrating the lack of rain should see the warning signs on the wall and be concerned about it, rather than joyful over the impending disaster should things worsen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 10:51 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,984,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Of course they have no impact on the rain we get, but rather on the water we have stored. As more and more people move here, the bigger the strain on our resources. Its not hard to figure that out. People celebrating the lack of rain should see the warning signs on the wall and be concerned about it, rather than joyful over the impending disaster should things worsen.
With the caveat being that in AZ growth in population does not correspond to water use. But I do agree.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:17 AM

8,046 posts, read 12,305,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglefan View Post
When I move there I hope the winters continue to be hot!
Hot, dry winters often translate to severe fire seasons in the late spring & summer, as well as reduced water supplies. But then again, I wouldn't expect sun freaks to think outside their little box about the more important matters.

Quote:
I suggest you go to Florida. We need rain here, very badly. I don't think you understand the severity of the issue, and we don't need more "yay, I'm a sunshine dork and hope it never rains again" cheerleaders moving here. Please.
This sums it up perfectly! We have too many of those types who still desire to move here because they're tired of the cold, snowy, humid, rainy, cloudy conditions where they're from. Wouldn't you think the nation's 5th largest city could attract more ambitious, talented, business oriented people instead of the ones who are mainly here for the damn sun?! I always encourage those types to move to the Atacama Desert (not Florida) because they're usually the ones who gripe incessantly when it's not warm or sunny.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:23 AM

30,910 posts, read 37,055,123 times
Our weather is manipulated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYWly-9YbA&t=1697s

Old 02-12-2018, 11:49 AM

48 posts, read 41,348 times
I like rain but I also like warmth. Granted I don’t want constant rain.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:14 PM

551 posts, read 1,593,786 times
Quote:
Water and water wars will always be part of the western history. Did you know in some states it is illegal to collect water? I didn't but water is such a precious resource it can be illegal to save your own water for later use.

I say let it rain. There's nothing better than an Arizona thunderstorm with the "10-inch" rain to go with it.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:29 PM

872 posts, read 1,002,813 times
OK so here we go this week. Rain and cloudy days with average temps!!! We have to have at least one or 2 weeks of this

Old 02-12-2018, 01:43 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,986,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadmoFan View Post
Water and water wars will always be part of the western history. Did you know in some states it is illegal to collect water? I didn't but water is such a precious resource it can be illegal to save your own water for later use.

I say let it rain. There's nothing better than an Arizona thunderstorm with the "10-inch" rain to go with it.
Ill NEVER understand why the gov't doesn't allow rainwater harvesting. Not many people do it, so it wont make a significant impact on what goes into the ground.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:56 PM

39,117 posts, read 51,366,781 times
Quote:
Ill NEVER understand why the gov't doesn't allow rainwater harvesting. Not many people do it, so it wont make a significant impact on what goes into the ground.
Not Arizona (it is pretty much just CO and I think that even they changed the law). Gray water and rainwater harvesting is promoted to some degree. In fact, a few years ago, you could get a tax credit on state taxes for installing a gray water harvesting system. My house in Tucson years ago used gray water for the plants.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:18 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,326,712 times
I think valley natives should move to a cold climate for, oh, a few decades. Then we'll see who is celebrating the warm sunny weather in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area