Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 03:20 PM

567 posts, read 431,828 times

Advertisements

If your concerned with crime, of the G-20 countries Brazil and Mexico have the highest crime rates.

Your chances of becoming a victim of crime in Brazil is 30.53 out of 100,000.
Your chances of becoming a victim of crime in Mexico is 27.41 out of 100,000.
Your chances of becoming a victim of crime in the USA is 5.56 out of 100,000.

El Salvador has the highest crime rate in the world at 93.09 out of 100,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 05:08 AM

9,746 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelino19 View Post
If your concerned with crime, of the G-20 countries Brazil and Mexico have the highest crime rates.

Your chances of becoming a victim of crime in Brazil is 30.53 out of 100,000.
Your chances of becoming a victim of crime in Mexico is 27.41 out of 100,000.
Your chances of becoming a victim of crime in the USA is 5.56 out of 100,000.

El Salvador has the highest crime rate in the world at 93.09 out of 100,000.

It's best to be a little more specific. Stay away from Mexico Cities like Obregón, Victoria, Tijuana, Maceio, and Culiacan. While we are at it, you best not get caught in the wrong area of St. Louis MO which has 59.23 homicides per 100,000 residents. Or Baltimore which has 54.98 homicides or Detroit at 43.89, and New Orleans at 41.44. They all made this wonderful list. See The most violent cities in the world: Latin America dominates list with 41 countries in top 50 | The Independent .But you are right, you need to do your homework ahead of time. Hence, I'm all about Rocky Point!

City-Data is useful when you can understand... Well.. data. Sooooooooooo, if I could simultaneously be in the entire country (every place at the same time), I'd feel the safest in maybe Sweden. In fact, we will be in Stockholm in a few weeks visiting. But now, I'm shaking in my boots to visit now and I don't want to visit a department store because of this terrible event. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stockho...d-and-injured/ . From now on to be safe, I refuse to shop near the road.

Now this happened 6 days ago in Stockholm when a guy didn't appreciate that the press didn't give ISIS props The terrorist who killed 5 people in a Stockholm truck ramming seemed disappointed when he found out ISIS never claimed his attack - Business Insider Nordic NOW, I need to walk on the other side of the street when I see one of those Muslim fellas.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:19 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
We've been talking about going down there in late April. Is Nogalas like Algodones or is it a much larger area? Algodones is small,like four square blocks and yet my g/f still seems to be able to spend a whole day looking at stuff there.
It's got more, but the main diff is that Nogales is a real city where Los Algodones seems to exist only for medical tourism. There. are more places to eat/drink in Nogales, but the street vendor scene is kinda if you have seen one you've seen them all. I don't recall seeing all the pottery/big stuff in Algodones that you do in Nogales, but I wasn't really looking. It's easier for people from Phoenix to get to Algodones and the parking there is great for a walk across the border.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:34 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,745,327 times
Question about border towns: Can you buy Havana Club rum there and will US Customs let you bring it in? We visited Cuba last year and the rules had recently changed, allowing us to bring back as much rum and cigars as we wanted. Does that apply to border crossings from Mexico or Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area