Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:33 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,690,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Beasley View Post
I just bought my first police scanner, and didnt realize all the frequencies have to be manualy entered. Were they like that in the 70's 80's? I didnt think they were. Anyway I live In Surprise and if any readers would like to share some advice and cool frequencies with me I would be grateful...
This may help, Kevin . . . and it's FREE!

www.azstarnet.com ® | StarNet Scanners (http://www.azstarnet.com/subsections/special.php?id=scanner/ - broken link)

Granted, it's for Tucson but I bet there's something similar for the Phoenix area.

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 11:52 PM

88 posts, read 308,648 times
Thanks Bummer...

Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 PM

went to radidio shack today ..all police scanners say they are pre-programmed...do they program all the local frequencies and trunk frequencies for the area? sounds kinda hard to believe...

Old 03-31-2008, 10:12 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,340,457 times
Yeah, but you ll have to do some tweaking....they wont have exactly what you want/dont want programmed in. They may have street sweepers etc....trunking scanners are a little complicated at first until you get used to them, but if you go to those sites a couple of us gave you earlier (radioreference anf freqofnature) they explain pretty well how to do it and you can buy third party software that assists you alot and some people will even have the software files ready to send you for the areas you want.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:22 AM

937 posts, read 2,833,688 times
Yea but theres programs you can use to program your own, its MUCH easier that way! I would not program one manually, but I have a program I can send you, you just need the data cable (USB from computer to the scanner).

Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 AM

Thanks Burt..Ill take the information..it is very much appreciated, I dont think I have a dataport on this scanner, but I will definately buy on that has one..I really appreciate it..Kevin

Old 11-11-2008, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,545 times
Default Scanner frequencies

I went to [URL="http://www.scannerstuff.com"]www.scannerstuff.com[/URL] and purchased a frequency book from them. After you purchase your book you can get free updates from them online from their website. It's way better than the books that Radio Shack sells. Far more accurate.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 7,344 times
Default Surprise Az police frequency

Hello,
I'm trying to locate the frequencies for the Surprise AZ police dept and Sun City West fire depts. As a former dispatcher (29 years) I still enjoy listening, never get it out of your blood believe me.
thanks in advance.
Dispatchernut
[email]gnistler@cox.net[/email]

Old 12-15-2008, 01:09 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,340,457 times
Disp - try radioreference.com as described above. Im not sure (Im down in Pinal County so..), but I think surprise is part of the Pheonix Regional System....you ll have to get an APCO 25 capable scanner to set it up...if you dont have one already....pricey!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:57 PM

16 posts, read 26,117 times
Smile Scanner frequencies for Sun City AZ

Thank you Bowtie8. I ordered the scanner book for my area in the West Valley.

I was with the Red Cross for many years in the Los Angeles and San Luis Obispo Counties and was on call for disaster duty. I moved to Arizona and discovered my frequencies needed updating. I learned that in the West Valley, there is no on-going news on the local TV stations. I get most of my news on line anyway but need to know more about my neighborhood as we are seeing a crime wave developing. We had a number of choppers overhead this morning finally my internet reported a murder just up the street. My habit when I owned a book store on the Central Coast of California was to have my scanner on most of the day. It actually brought in customers and the people of the village to check out what the sirens meant. I was on Highway One just south of the Hearst Castle and enjoyed being part of emergency news.

I'm older now but still have a nose for news. I bought a new smaller Uniden and hope I can program it. If I can't I'll be back for help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area