Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:45 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,748,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx1205 View Post
So basically to sum up 6 pages of debate: OP - when you get here, only you can decide if Vistancia is too far from the places you will want to frequent when you live here.

Good luck, and let us know what you think after you visit.
If you’re good with chain stores, traveling quite for for arts, culture and sports, need no access to public transit then it probably can work okay.

If you like those things, then it’s pronably not a great fit.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:40 PM

277 posts, read 277,234 times
If I was married with kids here or on the way I’d do vistancia or Gilbert they are nice areas with good prices for homes

As I am not married and don’t have kids I like to live in livelier areas

Old 07-03-2018, 11:17 PM

97 posts, read 135,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
If I was married with kids here or on the way I’d do vistancia or Gilbert they are nice areas with good prices for homes

What do you consider livelier areas? My kids are college age.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:08 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,623,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MovingForward View Post
What do you consider livelier areas? My kids are college age.
Perhaps this person believes that being married is like being dead?

Old 07-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Perhaps this person believes that being married is like being dead?
Central Phoenix and Scottsdale, closer proximity to sports, concerts, varied restaurants bars and restaurants and events in the winter/spring.

Vistancia and Gilbert are fine you can get more house for your money and the areas and schools are good so it’s worth it to live there with a family, asi don’t have a family I have different criteria as a place to live

Old 07-07-2018, 07:50 AM

3 posts, read 1,927 times
Vistancia is right off the 303 which connects to the 17 and the 10. The area is growing and the 303 corridors will eventually be just like the 101 and 202, with stores, gas stations, and restaurants at every exit. Right now it's great for driving because there is so much less traffic than the other freeways. I live in the west valley and there is everything you need here. It's a little less crowded and slightly more affordable than the east side, but the east valley does have a lot more restaurants and nightlife.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:24 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,748,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHockeyDad View Post
Vistancia is right off the 303 which connects to the 17 and the 10. The area is growing and the 303 corridors will eventually be just like the 101 and 202, with stores, gas stations, and restaurants at every exit. Right now it's great for driving because there is so much less traffic than the other freeways. I live in the west valley and there is everything you need here. It's a little less crowded and slightly more affordable than the east side, but the east valley does have a lot more restaurants and nightlife.
The problem with “eventually” is it could be 25 years or it could be 100 years, it’s really hard to predict future buying trends, economic conditions, the impact of climate change and so on... real estate is a gamble and while it usually works out well the risk with betting on a brand new area that far out is higher than putting your money into an established area. Like we saw in 2006-2013, the areas furthest out lost the most while closer in saw a lower hit and also rebounded faster.

Just things you have to weigh when considering a home purchase. I for one would not bet on housing west of the 303, the promise of the west side developing reached the ultimate pinnacle with west gate, I remember it being coined as the future Scottsdale of the west valley. Here we are more than a decade later and we have a hockey team looking to leave and farm fields remain in what was supposed to be upscale developments.

I would love to see it truly take off by establishing a strong employer base and other keys to a successful economy.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
The problem with “eventually” is it could be 25 years or it could be 100 years, it’s really hard to predict future buying trends, economic conditions, the impact of climate change and so on... real estate is a gamble and while it usually works out well the risk with betting on a brand new area that far out is higher than putting your money into an established area. Like we saw in 2006-2013, the areas furthest out lost the most while closer in saw a lower hit and also rebounded faster.

Just things you have to weigh when considering a home purchase. I for one would not bet on housing west of the 303, the promise of the west side developing reached the ultimate pinnacle with west gate, I remember it being coined as the future Scottsdale of the west valley. Here we are more than a decade later and we have a hockey team looking to leave and farm fields remain in what was supposed to be upscale developments.

I would love to see it truly take off by establishing a strong employer base and other keys to a successful economy.
I’ve lived here for 25 years, since I’ve been here the population has grown by 3+ million and I don’t expect that to end anytime soon, I think 2017 and 2018 are seeing growth just as massive as we had in the mid 90’s by the number of foreign licsence plates I see. I expect the west valley to fill out quite a bit over the next 10-20 years even if growth slows (which it probably won’t)

Old 07-08-2018, 10:43 AM

381 posts, read 345,830 times
As someone that lives in Vistancia/North Peoria, it’s also worth noting that there is a big movement to develop upscale homes and businesses in the area. People in the area have high household incomes and are pushing for amenities more like that of Desert Ridge as opposed to chain stuff. This will take time but the city and developers have taken notice. For example, google Upper Westside Phoenix to see the movement that has taken hold. As a result, we’re already getting a couple new developments that feature higher quality restaurants, coffeehouses, shops, etc. This movement has also been noticed by the local news. Lots more to come as long as the quality of new developments stay high. The focus of all this activity is the 85383 zip code as household income is high.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:50 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,929,435 times
Yes, I have seen the same exact thing happening here; we live a block south of Gold Mountain, and almost every house there is over 1 million dollars; the folks buying those houses dont want to travel 20 miles to get to nicer places, so yes, the city and developers have taken note, and alot of higher end places are going in all over the area, and, tons of new houses are being built here right now, all in the 400K and up range.
And, considering you are 5-10 minutes from 3 major highways here, it makes it a breeze to get anywhere, or to come to this area...roads being widened, infrastructure being added, its all good in the NW valley now..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area