Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 09:51 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
interesting story about the west/northwest valley..

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ley/319088001/
It's an interesting article, although old, but it doesn't substantiate your claim that you can get from the NW valley to Sedona in an hour. Surely there are real reasons why you chose to live there. Why not share those instead of lying to make it seem better than it is? I'll never understand why people fabricate things to make an area look better. It makes one question if there's real value to being out there and hinders your position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 11:14 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
But on the Salt you have access to 4 different lakes...Roosevelt (largest in the state), Canyon, Apache and Saguaro. Last time we were on Saguaro there was no one there until about 11AM. Plenty of time to go back in the canyon and do some fishing. Same with Canyon...get off the main lake back into the canyon and it isn't so bad. I haven't been to Apache lately so I can't comment...it is so small and more difficult to get to many people overlook it. Roosevelt...while it is more of a hike is HUGE. Last time we were there (about a month ago) we were almost the only boat on the water. Roosevelt was down about 60' though and a few of the ramps were closed due to sending more water downstream.
Apache is much bigger than Saguaro and Canyon - about the size of both of them together. It is my favorite lake in AZ. It is hard to get to though. I haven't been there in a long time. Years ago I stored my boat there and went quite a bit. I wonder if they still have the Ortega burger at the restaurant? Mmm. Roosevelt is cool but it takes forever to get there cuz you have to out of the way through Globe or almost to Payson (or past Apache).

Old 08-19-2018, 11:37 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
I say thumbs down to Boulder City, NV. The traffic from highway 93 and now I-11 is horrible.

I recommend Henderson. I have very conservative friends there and they love it. Green Valley Ranch in particular.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:50 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Horseshoe and Bartlett are in N Scottsdale...no where NEAR East Mesa.
Guess I didn’t realize North Scottsdale extended that far maybe we should tell them.

It’s a 1hr or so drive, not the end of the world.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:50 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,342,665 times
As others have said - there are about a million places you COULD go. The biggest decision is how much do you WANT to spend on housing. The further from the metro's (PHX and TUC) you go - the more you ll get. OR in the alternative - get the same amount of house for less money and bank the rest.

Pinal County offers many options - especially Casa Grande - is pretty conservative politically and offers the advantage of being BETWEEN the two big areas (less than an hour each way). But still has all of the conveniences and is growing. Movie Theater complex, mall, bowling all here - BLM land about 15 minutes away along I 8 - and for your budget could even get something just outside of town with a little acreage.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:57 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
I say thumbs down to Boulder City, NV. The traffic from highway 93 and now I-11 is horrible.

I recommend Henderson. I have very conservative friends there and they love it. Green Valley Ranch in particular.
Doesn't I-11 bypass Boulder City now. I saw people from there whining that they were going to turn into one of those Route 66 towns left behind when I-40 went through.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Guess I didn’t realize North Scottsdale extended that far maybe we should tell them.

It’s a 1hr or so drive, not the end of the world.
Yes...it does. Desert Mountain is in Scottsdale. To get to Bartlett and Horseshoe you have to drive North on Pima through Scottsdale until it dead ends on Cave Creek Rd in Carefree, AZ. Then turn East, cross back into Scottsdale on Cave Creek Road until to get to the Bartlett Lake turnoff, which takes you into the Tonto National Forest. There is no way to get there from East Mesa without going up through North Scottsdale.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:05 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Yes...it does. Desert Mountain is in Scottsdale. To get to Bartlett and Horseshoe you have to drive North on Pima through Scottsdale until it dead ends on Cave Creek Rd in Carefree, AZ. Then turn East, cross back into Scottsdale on Cave Creek Road until to get to the Bartlett Lake turnoff, which takes you into the Tonto National Forest. There is no way to get there from East Mesa without going up through North Scottsdale.
COS Maps

I’m not sure having to go through Scottsdale to get to the lakes matters? I’m confused why you care so much or what point you’re trying to make. All I said is that East Mesa is near lakes. I could say East Mesa is by lakes which include a reasonable proximity to lakes near other cities. Is that better? Does it even matter? Is any of this even relevant to my point that Mesa is by stuff and should be considered?.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:24 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
COS Maps

I’m not sure having to go through Scottsdale to get to the lakes matters? I’m confused why you care so much or what point you’re trying to make. All I said is that East Mesa is near lakes. I could say East Mesa is by lakes which include a reasonable proximity to lakes near other cities. Is that better? Does it even matter? Is any of this even relevant to my point that Mesa is by stuff and should be considered?.
Point being they are not near East Mesa or adjacent to East Mesa. The Salt River lakes are, i.e. Roosevelt, Apache, Canyon and Saguaro. Bartlett and Horseshoe Reservoirs are on the Verde river on the West side of the Mazatzal Preserve...

Anyway...here I am arguing semantics on this board and I hate it when people do that...so I apologize for that.

OP...BTW...Horseshoe and Bartlett are good fishing lakes from what I am told for what it is worth.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:50 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times
Considering how much cheaper housing is in Queen Creek and San Tan Valley, I might look at housing there just to get out of Prescott Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area