Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 04:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,045,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Cy-Kick CS is the stuff you want. Grab a bottle of that and a pressure sprayer from Amazon and you'll be set.
Yep! Best stuff I've ever used...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 06:09 AM

121 posts, read 117,337 times
Nope not exaggerating at all.....My Fiance put her foot next to (I wasn't going near it!) it and it was 3/4 the size of her foot and she wears an 8 .......That's what makes me so freaked out and ready to soak the yard with spray because I didn't think I would see them that large Shes more worried than me because she knows nothing about them and now just assumes that's the size they'll all be after I was talking them down as just little tiny things we may see a few of lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
6 inches! You have a vivid imagination or you saw a rare scorpion. The bark scorpions which are the most common and the nasty ones, are only 2-3 inches long for the biggest ones.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:10 AM

Because the big ones cant get into the house as easy I'm guessing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
When it comes to scorpions, bigger is better. I think that's a line from a movie but it's true, at least here in AZ.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:19 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,663,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez74 View Post
Nope not exaggerating at all.....My Fiance put her foot next to (I wasn't going near it!) it and it was 3/4 the size of her foot and she wears an 8 .......That's what makes me so freaked out and ready to soak the yard with spray because I didn't think I would see them that large Shes more worried than me because she knows nothing about them and now just assumes that's the size they'll all be after I was talking them down as just little tiny things we may see a few of lol
It wasn't your standard bark scorpion then. The big ones of those get to maybe 3". It had to have been a Giant Hairy Scorpion, which I've (fortunately!!) never seen.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:56 AM

I don't know which is which but it was a light brown almost transparent brown in color with black on it which now that I think about it could of been hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
It wasn't your standard bark scorpion then. The big ones of those get to maybe 3". It had to have been a Giant Hairy Scorpion, which I've (fortunately!!) never seen.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:41 AM

6,775 posts, read 5,080,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez74 View Post
Because the big ones cant get into the house as easy I'm guessing???
Well I suppose that's true!

What I meant is they are less venomous. Of all the scorpions in AZ, the bark scorpion is supposed to have the worst sting, and that's definitely not what you saw.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 19,780 times
Diatomaceous Earth is great for indoor and outdoor use as well. You can even eat it or your pets can and its won't harm either. All pests and the like won't be around after using it. Get a 25 pound bag and go crazy. It eats them from the inside out. It's all organic. Oh, I also used to sell Pest Ban products so I am somewhat familiar.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:48 PM

3,083 posts, read 8,433,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geldwynn View Post
Diatomaceous Earth is great for indoor and outdoor use as well. You can even eat it or your pets can and its won't harm either. All pests and the like won't be around after using it. Get a 25 pound bag and go crazy. It eats them from the inside out. It's all organic. Oh, I also used to sell Pest Ban products so I am somewhat familiar.

^^^^ You bet!! Use it all the time both inside and outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area