Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 08:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Krispy Kreme is garbage; so is, White Castle.

Jaysus, folks must be deprived.
No surprise, they've already brought that crap they call "pizza" from out there to here so why not White Castle as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 08:43 AM

9,747 posts, read 11,174,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No surprise, they've already brought that crap they call "pizza" from out there to here so why not White Castle as well?
Give a FRESH krispy kreme glazed donut a try. When the chain was going gangbusters and people experienced the donut for the 1st time, there were literally lines to get in the shop. I'm talking hundreds of people. i.e. waiting an hour to buy a silly dozen of donuts. Obviously there was something to it. I was told that when they enter a market for the 1st time, they can pay off the franchise in a single year.

I don't go there anymore because I've experienced it many times and more importantly, it's not good for you. But for someone to say it's crap is the farthest thing from the truth. It is a melt in your mouth experience. But again, I'm not wasting my time if they aren't FRESH.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:02 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,911,360 times
Where I'm originally from those that eat white castles sober and in the daylight are considered mental deviants.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Give a FRESH krispy kreme glazed donut a try. When the chain was going gangbusters and people experienced the donut for the 1st time, there were literally lines to get in the shop. I'm talking hundreds of people. i.e. waiting an hour to buy a silly dozen of donuts. Obviously there was something to it. I was told that when they enter a market for the 1st time, they can pay off the franchise in a single year.

I don't go there anymore because I've experienced it many times and more importantly, it's not good for you. But for someone to say it's crap is the farthest thing from the truth. It is a melt in your mouth experience. But again, I'm not wasting my time if they aren't FRESH.
I think you missed what I was talking about, I was referring to that noodle-less "Lasagna" they call Pizza brought here from Chicago.

As for Krispy Kreme, I got my fill of 'em when we lived in GA/NC. Yes, hot out of the fryer they are good and HIGHLY addictive, unfortunately for me they're just too darned sweet. I could feel my arteries slamming shut and my blood sugar shoot through the roof. Not diabetic and don't want to be.

Living in N/W MT we constantly had K.K. school fund raisers going on, they'd bring 'em in from Spokane, selling the heck out of 'em on street corners until a K.K. was finally built in town.

Personally I, like you prefer a fresh QUALITY warm donut if I'm going to eat one at all.
I do miss Rolling Pin Donuts Custard filled Donut holes, my all time favorite Donut...

Rolling Pin Donuts | San Bruno - Bakery

Old 08-27-2018, 10:20 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,970,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
I grew up in the Chicago area [gone 40+ years] and have never once had a White Castle hamburger. But I wish them well.
Same.

Never been, probably never will, not even here in the Valley. I just didn't get the appeal. I mean, you're in Chicago and the burbs, where amazing, endless restaurants are laid out before you... and they picked White Castle? That's like going to Paris and eating at McDonalds.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:17 AM

656 posts, read 814,300 times
Any burger joint that also sells them in the freezer aisle ....well, I think I'll pass.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Same.

Never been, probably never will, not even here in the Valley. I just didn't get the appeal. I mean, you're in Chicago and the burbs, where amazing, endless restaurants are laid out before you... and they picked White Castle? That's like going to Paris and eating at McDonalds.
About now, you have to try one of them. Let's put it this way, they are the only burger that you can eat without having teeth. In suspect, you can "chew" (break it apart) them with your tongue. With a mighty 1/18th of a pound ground "beef", I promise you have never had a burger like it ever before.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think you missed what I was talking about, I was referring to that noodle-less "Lasagna" they call Pizza brought here from Chicago.

As for Krispy Kreme, I got my fill of 'em when we lived in GA/NC. Yes, hot out of the fryer they are good and HIGHLY addictive, unfortunately for me they're just too darned sweet. I could feel my arteries slamming shut and my blood sugar shoot through the roof. Not diabetic and don't want to be.

Living in N/W MT we constantly had K.K. school fund raisers going on, they'd bring 'em in from Spokane, selling the heck out of 'em on street corners until a K.K. was finally built in town.

Personally I, like you prefer a fresh QUALITY warm donut if I'm going to eat one at all.
I do miss Rolling Pin Donuts Custard filled Donut holes, my all time favorite Donut...

Rolling Pin Donuts | San Bruno - Bakery
My bad. I misunderstood you. Actually, the sauce is different. See https://www.thekitchn.com/is-there-a...ell-yes-257877 Also, lasagna often has ricotta cheese. Of course there is the buttered crust in the pie which can taste absolutely wonderful. Finally, people usually don't put these popular items on lasagna:
Pepperoni
Mushrooms
Bacon
Green peppers
Pineapple
Spinach
Canadian bacon etc

I propose if someone doesn't like a world class Chicago style pizza, they have defective taste-buds. But like those donuts, the pizza is filled with fat and carbs. With my gene pool, I cannot have either one of these as much as I would like.

Re: your rolling pin bakery link. Yum! We have an independent bakery in town that makes something similar. I think the 1st ingredient is butter and then sugar. They are superb and better than a fresh KK! Cooking 101: FAT TASTES GOOD!

Old 08-27-2018, 12:45 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,970,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
About now, you have to try one of them. Let's put it this way, they are the only burger that you can eat without having teeth. In suspect, you can "chew" (break it apart) them with your tongue. With a mighty 1/18th of a pound ground "beef", I promise you have never had a burger like it ever before.
That just sounds gross. Id sooner eat pudding since it sounds like it has the same consistency.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:49 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,561 times
Phoenix is the capital that appeases to all cultures of life, whether from the South, Midwest, East Coast, West Coast and Intermountain West. We have them all, from In N Out, Wendy's, White Castle, Popeye's, KFC, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area